stretching pouch?

misssarah661
on 4/22/13 3:18 pm - OR
How do you know if your pouch is getting stretched out? What can cause the stomach to stretch?

fireflymkz76
on 4/22/13 5:55 pm - Blairsville, GA
RNY on 07/24/12

excellent question, I am wondering too.  I think mine is stretch out

check out my blog: http://alwaysl8totheparty.blogspot.com/      
sugarbabyhoneypump
kin

on 4/22/13 8:28 pm - IN

My surgeon said your pouch is supposed to stretch. It is meant to. Mine started out the size of a golf ball and will eventually become about four times that.  It is a muscle. Using it stretches it. It is not meant to stay as small as it started out. But it will be much smaller than your stomach ever was. Stretching the outlet to the pouch is another matter.  That can be done by consistently eating way too much.  It  is not that easy to do as your pouch was made from the least stretchy part of the stomach. Most of  the time when people blame slowed weightloss or regain on a stretched pouch they are wrong. It probably has to do more with the diet overall, calories in vs. calories burned.

~~Sonya~~
(Roux-en-y 07/05/2012) Heighest Weight/Surgery Day Weight 240lbs     
poet_kelly
on 4/22/13 9:05 pm - OH

well, it is supposed to stretch some.   But if you mean how do you know if it's stretching more than it should, the only way to know that is to have an EGD, where a doctor puts a tiny camera down your throat and looks at your pouch.  However, it's very rare for the pouch to stretch  more than it should.  the pouch is made from the least stretchy part of the stomach.  To stretch it,  you'd have to overeat by a good bit on a regular basis.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Souperwoman
on 4/23/13 1:16 pm - Pittsburgh, PA
RNY on 11/20/12

If it helps at all, I often am afraid I stretched my pouch or, as I say to my husband "broke my surgery".  As time progresses and I am able to tolerate more and different foods I find myself thinking something must be wrong because I used to only be able to have a tiny bite.  It's made worse by those days I decide to have a drink with my meal and I wash some of it through my stomach and am able to eat more.

Let me tell you what.  It's probably not stretched.  Trust me, I've risked foamies to prove to myself mine is not. lol. An extra couple of bites, no drink, not chewing *quite* as well as I usually do and BAM, "oh THERES my surgery!"  :)

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 320 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 240 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 300 views
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 75 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 75 views