WHO HAS CIGNA? IS IT TRUE??

Lianne D.
on 4/23/13 7:08 am - Burnsville, MN
RNY on 10/14/13

Hello all I have a question. I read under Cigna health criteria that you have to go through a 12 month health assessment in which they make you join one of the following (Jenny Craig, weigh****chers or optifast) is this true?? I'm so worried because I pay so much already for meds and other memberships I just don't know if I could afford Jenny right now. PLEASE HELP!

Pittsteelers
on 4/23/13 8:00 am - PA
RNY on 08/06/12
I have no clue... But I'd make them pay for it if they want it done!!! Geesh.... You are trying to make yourself healthy and they want 12 months of programs you probably have already tried and failed at??!!

Lianne D.
on 4/23/13 8:17 am - Burnsville, MN
RNY on 10/14/13

Yup! Tried weigh****chers for 6m and worked a little but not much and Jenny I NEVER tried because shes crazy expensive

AnchorsAweigh
on 4/23/13 8:08 am

I have Cigna. They required proof of a three month diet which my doctor provided. Their requirements are all posted online.

Lianne D.
on 4/23/13 8:20 am - Burnsville, MN
RNY on 10/14/13

I also looked online and found this criteria I been stressed about it because I really need to start setting a budget for this. Thank you for the heads up though I will check into this

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 4/23/13 8:19 am - OH

My best WLS friend had Cigna and she had to do a 3 months diet.... BUT, your employer may be the one requiring additional things for insurance coverage of WLS if they are self-insured.  Not every Cigna plan is the same. 

Where did you read that? In something you got from your employer, in something on a Cigna website?

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Lianne D.
on 4/23/13 8:25 am - Burnsville, MN
RNY on 10/14/13

I was hoping like you said about "different plans" My Cigna plan is pretty good especially with diff things they offer but this was a link I found from another site after looking into gastric bypass. It didn't sound completly right but I know nothing about the criteria of a surgery.

poet_kelly
on 4/23/13 9:14 am - OH

Why not just call your insurance company and ask specifically what is required under your specific plan?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

mussit64
on 4/23/13 9:17 am - Panama City , FL
RNY on 04/18/13

I have Cigna and I had to do a 6 month trail with my doctor was all.   I just had my surgery on the 18th and Cigna covered it all except for $2,000

SarahLee1969
on 4/23/13 9:40 am - NY
I have Cigna plus BCBS secondary coverage. My Cigna plan required 6 months of supervised weight loss with my primary care provider. They also required 5 years of weight records indicating obese status. There were probably a few other requirements, but I can't recall. I went to mycigna.com to look at my plan specifics, and then called the 800# for my specific questions.

At one point I freaked because the anesthesiologist group was not an approved provider.. but all was good as there is only one anesthesia group at my hospital and the hospital is an approved provider (Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence) so the were approved and covered in full.
Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 347 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 229 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 340 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 270 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 108 views
Recent Topics