Daily Multi Vitamins and Calcium Suppliments

Holly O.
on 4/25/13 5:34 am - Bradenton, FL

Hi!  I am almost 2 years out.........June 15th will be my 2nd anniversary.  Happy to report have lost 75 lbs. and have been maintaining that for the last year.  I have had zero problems!!  Yippee, for me!!  LOL  I do have a couple of questions about vitamins.  I have been getting my vitamins from a nutrionist and it is very costly.  I need some advice.  Let me first start out and tell you every 3 month my bloodwork comes back really really good.  No problems.  I have been taking my suppliments faithfully.

I need to know what you are all using for a Twice Daily Multi-Vitamin and also a calcium suppliment.  I want to be able to get them at Walmart or CVS or even a Walgreen.  Any advice would be so appreciated.  I am just tired of paying out high prices for vitamins that I know we have to take for life.

Oxford Comma Hag
on 4/25/13 5:43 am
I use the generic multi from The Vitamin Shoppe. I get everything from the drugstore or The Vitamin Shoppe. I do not spend extra for bariatric vitamins and my labs are dandy.

I fight badgers with spoons.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255

Suicidepreventionlifeline.org

Dee.spunk
on 4/25/13 5:50 am - Sacramento, CA
I use the Kirkland brand of multi vitamins and calcium citrate with vitamin D3. I use Trader Joes sublingual B12, and my iron, vitamin C, vitamin B and D3 I get at the vitamin shoppe.

Height:5'1.5 RNY:11/30/11 HW:307 SW:234 CW:136 GW:140 (LOST 73 Lbs. PRE-OP)

Holly O.
on 4/25/13 5:57 am - Bradenton, FL

Thank you so much.  I like to shop local.......CVS or Walmart.  What do you guys use for a multi vitamin that you have to take twice a day??  Thanks, Holly

happygrandma
on 4/25/13 6:35 am - Highland, MI
RNY on 12/17/12

I just use the generic version of Centrum.

Dee.spunk
on 4/25/13 8:37 am - Sacramento, CA
I've used centrum before. I just use the Kirkland brand cause its cheaper, but they're about the same.

Height:5'1.5 RNY:11/30/11 HW:307 SW:234 CW:136 GW:140 (LOST 73 Lbs. PRE-OP)

H.A.L.A B.
on 4/25/13 8:38 am

I use CVS brand Spectravite  Silver.  I buy them on BOGO. I still use the chewable because it is easier for me to take them. I hate b=taking large pills. I use generic Calcium citrate petites.  Or any calcium citrate capsules. - again - I hate big pills. 

beside that I use B1, B12 (injections) and some others. Dry D3, dry Vit A, (I buy that on line) 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

poet_kelly
on 4/25/13 7:11 am - OH

I use the Meijer brand generic multi that is equivalent to centrum.  I use generic calcium citrate most of the time.  Sometimes I use Upcal D.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

MastoDon
on 4/25/13 11:12 am - Los Gatos, CA

I've been buying mine at Costco for two and half years.  Centrum Silver for the multivitamins, and either Citracal or Costco's store brand of calcium citrate for the calcium.

My blood work has been stellar.

Learning to swim was easy.  The hard part was getting out of that burlap sack.  Those rocks were heavy.
High: 310    Surgery day: 282     Goal: 190     Current: 178

WhoIWantToBe *.
on 4/25/13 11:29 am
RNY on 01/10/12

I use Target brand Centrum Silver, and Target brand Citrical Petites.

- Barb, who is at GOOOOOOAAAAAAL!

HW: 274  SW: 244  GW: 137 CW: 137!
              Keep on swimming!  Keep on swimming! 

Most Active
Recent Topics