Two weeks, too tired

AnchorsAweigh
on 4/30/13 4:38 am

At 12 days post-op I feel pretty good and am happy with my weight loss. Tolerating foods and drinks okay. Getting all my vitamins in and back on my thyroid meds. So here's the issue. I am so tired. Taking a shower and getting dressed takes major effort. Five minutes on the treadmill is enough. I actually know what's on daytime tv. Is this me or is this still a side effect of the surgery? HELP--before either boredom or exhaustion gets me.

Mendie Thompson
on 4/30/13 4:56 am - TX
RNY on 09/24/12

It's normal...I got tired really quickly until about 4-6 wks out, then I started gaining more energy.  Just relax, be bored, give your body a chance to heal good...it will get better.

poet_kelly
on 4/30/13 5:08 am - OH

Probably just still recovering from surgery.  Are you getting enough liquids and protein?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

NDHM
on 4/30/13 8:10 am

I felt so exhausted at about 2 weeks out that I called my surgeon.  I was sure that there was something had gone horribly wrong.  They said it was the most common complaint they hear from their patients, and that if I was getting in my fluids and protein, I could expect to turn the corner at about 5 weeks.  Happily, it didn't take that long.  I was feeling much better the next week & I am feeling "normal" now.

Good Luck to you!!

Most Active
Recent Topics