It seems as though some things never change

Poppygail
on 4/30/13 10:27 am - Florence, KY
RNY on 03/06/13
My wife and I are in Treasure Island, Fl celebrating our 35th anniversary and when we arrived yesterday and started looking through the area info, the first thing I looked at was the local seafood listings. Being so early in my post op life I am never hungry, in fact, if I didn't set alarms or my family didn't remind me i wouldn't eat all day. But here I was eagerly perusing the seafood listings. I just thought it funny how hard old habits are to break. The good news is I'm pretty much staying on program.
Have a great evening!
Randy
Soapy
on 4/30/13 10:43 am
Happy anniversary. Old habits are hard to break. Sounds like you have made a decision to make good choices. Great job.
MyLady Heidi
on 5/1/13 4:53 am

This is not unusual, you didn't have surgery that meant you were giving up food for the rest of your life, you had surgery to help you lose weight and teach yourself better eating habits.  Which means every single day is a learning experience, for fun when you look at luscious looking food look up the calories count, that usually turns me right off.  I have a rule with food, is it good for me Yes->proceed No->Is it worth it? Yes->Proceed No->Stop and Forget it.  It is a very simple rule and if you make yourself renegotiate your relationship with food every single day by the time you hit maintenance you will be firmly entrenched in your new and improved eating habits.  No one said food had to be a misery forever, it just can't be your best and only friend that is trying to kill you by making you MO.

Enjoy!

Poppygail
on 5/3/13 9:36 pm - Florence, KY
RNY on 03/06/13
Thanks guys. The encouragement really helps! I don't know how I would have gotten through all this without you all and this forum.