3 protein reviews

shedevilbecca
on 5/3/13 6:40 am - AZ
RNY on 05/30/13

I tried the unflavored in yogurt. it did change the taste a little bit. I also tried it in crystal light but I think I may have put in to much cause it made it taste bad.

phyl9
on 5/3/13 7:44 am

I also tried it in plain greek yogurt- I had to force myself to fini****! no

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 5/3/13 10:23 am, edited 5/3/13 10:23 am - OH

Yes, you do have to limit how much you use at one time  Too much may also change the texture of things.  I have heard of some people trying to put an entire scoop into one small container of yogurt or SF pudding (which turns my stomach just thinking about what that would be like)!  Adding just a little (even an eighth of a scoop) is much easier to "hide".  Adding a little bit to lots of different foods over the day adds up, though.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

shedevilbecca
on 5/3/13 6:45 am - AZ
RNY on 05/30/13

Thanks for sharing. I need to try the Premier protein drinks. I have a very hard time with them if I can taste the funny flavor of the protein mixes. I will however do what I need to do to be healthy. Just keep trying them until I find the ones I like or suck it up and choke down the others lol.

tarsanne
on 5/3/13 6:51 am - MO
I'm not tryin to be a Debbie downer here- but I went out pre op and bought a crap ton of all different protein flavors and brands. I tried everything and had several I liked. Just had surgery 3 weeks ago- HATE. Every. Single. One. Nothing at ALL tastes good since surgery, even stuff I used to loveeeee. But seriously I about gag every time I drink a shake. I'm not tossing them tho. Too much money to throw out!
phyl9
on 5/3/13 7:51 am

Hey- here's something that might help- I(& my hubby also picked some!) bought about 6 flavors of Torani sugar-free syrups- like black cherry, english toffee, mango, peach, etc- and I have used those even in the clear Isopure to try & make things taste better. I have used the flavors in plain yogurt & protein drinks- it does help.

If you have a Smart & Final store- that was the cheapest place- but I also found them at Bevmo & Cost Plus World Market.

You can also buy online.

But I agree- it I taste too much protein- I don't like it. And the shakes have to be nice & cold.

LadyLilMax
on 5/3/13 11:04 am - Retirement Ville, AZ

The same thing happened to me but hang on to all that.  Eventually you will like some if not most of them again.  I just tried some that I could not tolerate for the first 2 months after surgery and they are ok now.  LOL.

RNY 12/11/12  HW:230   SW:220   GW:140   CW:130  5ft 1

kim_emma02
on 5/3/13 8:38 am - Ontario, Canada

I agree that just because you like something now, it doesn't mean that you will like it post-op.  My suggestion would be to order the Syntrax Nectar sampler pack from the company directly.  For $11.99 including shipping they send you 10 different single serving flavours to try.  That way you have them handy post-op and can see if there is anything you can tolerate without commiting to a whole tub.  www.si03.com you will need to call their Bariatric Sales to request the samples 1-866-333-7403 ext 803.  These shakes are my fav post op.

RNY 02/04/2013 with Dr Starr

tarsanne
on 5/3/13 9:58 am - MO
You can get the sf syrups at Walmart next to the coffee! I wish they had samples of those too. :/
Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 318 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 236 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 299 views
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 72 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 72 views