Health Wise Products

Angela_Italiana
on 5/4/13 1:30 pm - CA
RNY on 03/04/13

Has anyone tried any of the Health Wise products? Not sure what to make of them. 

http://www.familybariatric.com/store/

Thanks for any feedback!

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 5/4/13 3:03 pm - OH

I have not tried any of their products, but as with other special prepared/processed  "diet" or "bariatric" products, I encourage people to avoid them or use them very sparingly.  First of all, they are FULL of chemicals, and if your goal is to truly be healthy, limiting the amount of heavily processed foods is important.  Second, these kinds of foods are very expensive (and the cost adds up very quickly).  People could be putting the money into their plastic surgery fund instead of paying exorbitant prices for special food! Finally, it is REALLY important to build up healthy eating habits that you can rely on form here on out for the rest of your life.  So unless you plan to incorporate these specialty foods into your diet permanently, you will be better off not using them while you are losing.  They may actually KEEP you from developing your own healthy meal plans and recipes, so may work against you in the long run.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Angela_Italiana
on 5/4/13 3:42 pm - CA
RNY on 03/04/13
Thanks Lora!

I appreciate honest feedback and I agree with you. I am trying to eat as clean as possible, and these just wont work out. I think I just find myself getting frustrated because I can't seem to tolerate much of anything food wise.

Thank you again for all the wise words, much appreciated!

Angela
JanBooth
on 5/5/13 3:57 am - KY
RNY on 09/25/12

I agree with what Lora said, BUT...I LOVE the soy chips. 
I think, given my past addiction to Lay's potato chips, they are a great alternative for a salty, crunchy craving.  There are several different flavors, so I can have a variety of salty, crunchy "fix". Some of the protein soup packets are quick, easy, portable meals. My favorite soups are the beef pasta and creamy tomato.

Janet

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. ~ Dr. Seuss~

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 333 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 371 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 334 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 21 replies · 231 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 101 views
Recent Topics