Food Increase with Exercise?

Angela_Italiana
on 5/5/13 5:43 am - CA
RNY on 03/04/13

My roommate and I have just joined Planet Fitness (cant really argue with $10/month). I am excited to get more structured with my exercise routines and have good machines readily available. Do those of you who workout regularly increase your protein on the days that you work out?

Here is what a normal food day looks like for me, I am two months out. I just want to make sure this is enough to sustain working out 3-4 times a week to start. I have an appointment with my NUT, but not for another two weeks. Thanks all!

B: Protein Shake

S: Protein Shake

L: Greek yogurt

D: 1.5 ounces chicken, couple pieces roasted squash

(I am still having a very hard time handling anything dense, and some nights I can only get about half of my dinner in. I try to always get a minimum of 60 grams of protein, and 64 ounces of water.)

redrider
on 5/5/13 7:32 am
This soon after surgery, your doctor probably will not want you to try adding volume to your diet. An exception to the rule might be that if you consistently workout with such intensity and duration that you are running a dangerous deficit of calories. If you find yourself in that situation, then you still need to consult your doctor before trying to consume more volume, or consuming more calories. (S)he may actually want you to burn fewer calories if your pouch isn't ready for more volume. That said, when you're further out from surgery, then yes you may need to increase your intake. Before you do, have an understanding of how many calories your NUT wants you to net for the day. For example if you were supposed have 1200 calories just to sustain your body for the day, but your workout burns 400 calories, then you need to see if the NUT wants you to increase your intake. Hope this is helpful.
>>>RedRider                     
Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 333 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 371 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 332 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 21 replies · 223 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 101 views