Started therapy

madeformore
on 5/3/13 5:50 am - MN
RNY on 06/21/12

Hi all. I've been MIA from this site for a month or so. First had two weeks without a computer and then just life. But I'm back! One of my last posts was about me asking my dietician for a referral to talk to a therapist about my eating issues. I am happy to report that I have started those appts - I think I've had four appts already. We are dealing with my past binge-eating issues and what she now refers to as modified binge-eating (Yes, you can still binge eat after surgery - it just looks different than before - more like excessive grazing). I feel like its helping and I feel hopeful that I am on the right path to making some lifelong changes to my life that will enhance the effectiveness of my RNY tool.

For anyone who has struggled with getting your head to match up with what you know you are supposed to be doing food-wise, I encourage you to seek out someone to talk to about it. I wish I had started this back when I had my surgery last summer. Its hard not to think about where I would be in my weight loss if I had figured out some of these issues sooner. But I am trying to look forward and not back and just hoping that me posting might encourage someone to seek help and know they aren't alone. Surgery is on our stomachs, not our heads - I've heard that many times - and I know I need extra help with my head! :)

Thanks to everyone on this site who was supportive when I posted before about looking into therapy. Your words were encouraging and helped give me the courage to move forward with the appointments.

Amy

HW: 270   SW: 245   CW: 172  GW: 160 then we'll see  

shannonigan
on 5/3/13 5:55 am - Tooele, UT
RNY on 04/30/13
Congrats to you in taking another healthy step forward! I wish you success
MrsLitch
on 5/3/13 6:39 am - Morris, IL
RNY on 06/04/12
Congrats amy I've said it over and over I couldn't have been successful without the therapy after surgery, I really wi**** was a requirement for everyone.

Continue to go and keep working at it. I wish you all the success in the world.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

5' 3" - HW: 244 SW:234  GW:120 LW: 107 CW:110 Made goal 3/16/13!    

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 5/3/13 10:35 am - OH

Good for you!!  I am glad the therapy is helping.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

jorlsu
on 5/4/13 1:42 pm - TX
RNY on 12/17/12 with
Great! Good for you. I've been thinking about seeking therapy. My weight loss has stopped and I've been having eating issues. Thanks for the advice.