Tears in the dressing room and a pic!

AmberF
on 5/5/13 10:55 am - Atlanta, GA
RNY on 12/12/12

This week I have had so many NSV. First my and my fiance both went to the gym 4 times this week. He has been working really hard and lost  pounds this week :) Also tuesday I went to a braves game. The last time I was there the seats were so tight it bruised the outside of my legs from trying to squish myself in the whole time. It was miserable and I held back tears the whole time. This week I fit in the seats with a little room to spare! Today I went clothes shopping for the first time and tried on some pants. Before surgery I was in a 28 and they were super tight on me. Today I got a size 22! Also I have noticed the top half of me is shrinking way faster than the bottom I got a size 16/18 shirt and before I was a 26/28. To top everything off I stepped on the scale today and was at 285 :) down from 370 and 368 the day of surgery. Its crazy to think I still have such a long way to go because I already feel so amazing. I turned 25 while I was in the hospital for my gastric bypass best present I ever got myself. pic of1 me going to the braves game

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 5/5/13 10:59 am - OH

Good for you!  I love football and baseball games and I remember having thigh bruises thought the baseball season when I was heavy.  No more!  There is plenty of room even in the smaller seats.

I had my RNY the day before my 45th birthday, so I envy you the opportunity to live your adult life at a normal size.  Make the most of it!

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

AmberF
on 5/5/13 11:05 am - Atlanta, GA
RNY on 12/12/12

Thanks Lora! I will definitely be living life to the fullest now! All my friends keep telling me how its so crazy to see me out all the time now. I make plans all the time and have been trying new things. Next weekend my fiance and I are going to ride bikes and I started a garden this summer. I didnt realize just how trapped I was by being almost 400 pounds. Im so thankful that I was given this opportunity :) Also side not your a real inspiration to me and I love your dog! I have two basset hounds and they are my babys

Justcallmesuz
on 5/5/13 11:06 am
RNY on 05/08/13

Awesome!

HW~278

CW~131

GW~160

Kelly M.
on 5/5/13 11:16 am - TX

so happy for you, you look happy!

Kelly in Texas   Gastric Bypass   Oct 15 2012  

Karens62
on 5/5/13 11:39 am - NC
RNY on 02/26/13
You look so happy! Congrats on the great week!

HW - 319, SW - 303.5 

Professor Sonja!!!!
on 5/5/13 11:41 am - Miami, FL
RNY on 08/15/12

You are going to do great!!! You look beautiful, keep up the good work!!

Come keep it real in R&R 3.0 Want an invite? PM me here.

snel001
on 5/5/13 11:58 am - TX
What an amazing smile! You look wonderful. Great job.

JaneJetson60
on 5/5/13 12:50 pm
RNY on 05/07/12

You look so pretty!  Way to go, girl!  Keep it up and you think your shocked now, just wait.  As Lora said enjoy this because you are young and I had mine a year ago on the 7th of this month and I was 59!  So enjoy it!   Jane

Oxford Comma Hag
on 5/5/13 1:03 pm
Your smile says it all. Congrats!

I fight badgers with spoons.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255

Suicidepreventionlifeline.org

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 290 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 213 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?