You KNOW you are obsessing when...

troopersma
on 5/6/13 6:06 am

You DREAM about protein drinks.  LOL. 

I'm preop and have been researching a ton.  Apparently the protein drinks is what is stuck in my subconscious!  Submitting my Passport app today.  Will be scheduling surgery in July in Tijuana!   Excited and scared.   I'm such a picky eater to start with that I think I'm a little freaked out that I won't be able to find any foods I like AND can tolerate after surgery. 

Joining a local support group.  Trying to lose a bit of weight in the meantime (losing 10 pounds=saving $1,000...they charge extra for higher BMI).  Walking.  Researching.   Anything else I should be doing between now and July?

Jane

happygrandma
on 5/6/13 6:48 am - Highland, MI
RNY on 12/17/12

Congratulations on a great decision - you won't regret it.

I am a picky eater too and not having major issues with food.  I am tolerating most everything.  I am a meat eater (can't imagine doing this as a vegetarian).  I don't like a ton of vegetables but just eat what I like.  My challenge is crunchy stuff, crackers, pretzels etc.  Any salty snack calls my name.  

Hopefully you'll be able to tolerate most things, just take it slow.  For now, just keep doing what you're doing and good luck.

Allen Y.
on 5/6/13 1:00 pm - Garland, TX

Your taste will change after surgery. Many people I have run in to especially female WLS patients get an "enhanced" sense of smell post surgery and that totally throws off your taste buds.

Don't sweat the small details, trust me you wont starve to death and you will find things you can eat. Biggest thing is food should no longer be the center of your universe. Just a small planet off to the side of the galactic core. 

:-)

LadyLilMax
on 5/6/13 2:13 pm - Retirement Ville, AZ

LOL, I love that!  Food no longer the center of my universe, just a small planet off to the side of the galactic core!  I need to have a refrigerator magnet made up of that!  Great post, Allen.

RNY 12/11/12  HW:230   SW:220   GW:140   CW:130  5ft 1

troopersma
on 5/6/13 2:42 pm

Thanks everyone!

MrsLitch
on 5/6/13 5:23 pm - Morris, IL
RNY on 06/04/12

I don't think there is a pickier eater on this planet than me! I don't eat nor have I ever eaten veggies, fruit, any gravies or sauces (other than ragu spaghetti sauce), the only condiment I like is ketchup, the only cheeses I like are white ones like mozzarella, parmesan, provolone. Yeah can't get much pickier than that! lol

After cutting out the things I did like, sweets, cakes, pastas (I have a 1/4 cup once a month), potatoes (again I have maybe a 1/2 cup total a month) it doesn't sound like I have much else to eat! But I get by with all my wonderful meats made a variety of different ways (thank goodness I love meat!), my protein shake for breakfast. I tend to get stuck on a food now though. If I like it and it goes down good I tend to eat it for 4-6 weeks until I'm tired of it and move on to the next thing. Right now it's garlic skirt steak! yummo!

I'm sure you'll find plenty to eat!

Good luck on losing enough to save the extra $$ I don't blame you for trying!

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

5' 3" - HW: 244 SW:234  GW:120 LW: 107 CW:110 Made goal 3/16/13!    

Most Active
Recent Topics