115 pounds lost..I'm excited..but still nervous

tjleigh1965
on 5/10/13 3:17 am - OH

115 pounds down.....I am celebrating my 1 year next month .  I can't believe this journey.  It has been surreal, I am still loosing a pound every two weeks or so depending if I keep that sodium down, and excerise now that it is warming up in cleveland.

I met this guy the other day and he wanted to buy me a glass of wine, so we talked and me being the advocate now that I am about weight loss surgery.  I asked him had he considered it seeing that he looked about 300 plus, and he said the wildest thing my ears had heard face to face.  He said I did 2 years ago and I gained it all back and then some because my wife and I were going through a divorce.  He showed me his scar and I thought I was going to cry.. I looked at him and said to my self Oh my goodness, I cannot believe this and I told him you should see your nutritionist and find your pouch size or something and he shook his head and said, I don't know maybe.  WHAT ???? mAYBE...

I pray for guidance to keep this weight down.  I don;t ever want to be the one to say I gained it all back!

martitalinda
on 5/10/13 3:28 am

Congrats on your LIFETIME JOURNEY!!!! CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR UPCOMING 1ST YEAR.  Fret not .. if YOU keep your eyes on the prize barring any physical problem completely out of your control you will do just fine and keep your weight off and maintain seamlessly like so many others....

I keep in mind that the journey does not end with weight loss only ... it is to be able to maintain the weight having incorporated healthy/nutritional and to your benefit eating habits and lifestyle changes incorporated with exercise ... you can do this!!! ... and so can/will your friend only when he is ready ... problems and losses do not cause people to gain weight ..it is not seeking/finding ways/treatment to address this issues (i.e. counseling or other options) and using food to treat the pain or distress associated with these issues that cause the weight gain,,,,

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

autumnsiggy2RNY 2/5/07 no regain having implemented lifestyle changes....

CosmoK
on 5/10/13 3:49 am

Get you some girl!!!!  Great job on the weight loss!! Amazing... One of my friends had GBP surgery last year,.  She still has yet to touch anything sugar and very little carbs... But she printed out a few very tiny sayings on post it notes and put them in random locations in the house and in her car.. Really helps going foward.. Stay to plan... Have support system

Laura in Texas
on 5/10/13 4:31 am

Losing was the easy part. Maintenance is much harder. Stay diligent and do what you know you are supposed to do and you will be fine.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Neen L.
on 5/10/13 4:41 am - Arlington, VA

Maintenance is a challenge, but it is pretty intuitive as long as you've followed your surgeon's guidelines up to this point. You're practicing the lifestyle and doing well. Keep up the great work, and you will be successful!

Long-term post-ops with regain struggles, click here to see some steps for getting back on track (without the 5-day pouch fad or liquid diet): http://www.obesityhelp.com/member/bananafish711/blog/2013/04/05/don-t-panic--believe-and-you-will-succeed-/

Always cooking at www.neensnotes.com!

Need a pick-me-up? Read this: http://www.lettersofnote.com/2009/10/it-will-be-sunny-one-day.html

tjleigh1965
on 5/10/13 5:37 am - OH

Thank you everyone for your encouraging words... I have to realize this is a new life and the old one is GONE!

LadyLilMax
on 5/10/13 1:04 pm - Retirement Ville, AZ

So happy and proud of you!  What an accomplishment!  Isn't life full of surprises?

RNY 12/11/12  HW:230   SW:220   GW:140   CW:130  5ft 1

Cherokeesage
on 5/10/13 5:45 pm
RNY on 02/24/12

Congrats on your wt loss.   And, I know exactly where you are coming from with the fear of regain.  I am almost 15 mos post op and do not want to regain.  I have friends going back to 1991 that had WLS and are doing fine.  But, it's the friends that have gained all the wt back that keep me on track because I do not want to be in their shoes.

Banded  Oct 2008:  290       
RNY Feb 2012:        245    
Dr's set goal:            170 reached Oct 11, 2012
My goal:                     160  reached Dec 1, 2012
Today :                       145-150

I am half the person I was in 2008.