? on carbs

mercedes66693
on 5/14/13 4:38 am

Hi everyone,

So I'm 6 weeks out and i go back to the Nut and Dr in 2 weeks I have a question on carbs though.  Are we not supposed to have any carbs at all?  I'm using the fitness pal and I just realized the chicken breast luncheon meat that I eat has 2 grams of carbs in it then I was putting hummus on the chicken breast and wrapping them up but that makes a total of 7 carbs.  I've been stuck for the past 3 weeks up 2 down 2 is this because of the carbs am I not supposed to have any carbs?

sorry this is just so confusing I am eating my proteins first didn't know if the carbs are playing on my weight loss

Thanks

Mary Catherine
on 5/14/13 4:43 am
You can eat carbs but will probably have faster loss if you limit to under 30 a day and avoid anything with wheat, rice, sugar, corn, pastries, pasta, noodles, or bread.
Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 5/14/13 4:47 am, edited 5/14/13 4:47 am - OH

It would be extremely difficult to get protein early out without any carbs since dairy products have carbs, as do things like hummus, refried beans, etc.

Not all carbs are bad.  Your body needs some carbs.  As long as you are avoiding the "white" carbs (bread, pasta, rice, sugar), you really don't need to worry about them.  (What is your wrap made of?) 

My surgeon does not have a carb limit and told us just to focus on protein and to make good food choices and the carbs would "take care of themselves", but a lot of people who do have a carb limit are just to keep it under  50 when losing and under 100 per day when miantaining, so you can see that 7 carbs is definitely NOTHING to worry about! 

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

mercedes66693
on 5/14/13 4:55 am

Lora,

Thank you, all I do is have 3 oz of luchen chicken breast and put hummus on them and wrap them up nothing else. 

Again thanks I was starting to panic on how am I supposed to have no carbs.  I understand that stalls are normal can I ask is 26 lbs in 6 weeks an average or high or low for weight loss?  I do realize everyone is different.  I'm a revision from band to RNY and I like this forum better than the revision one.  I get a lot more info from everyone here. 

Any suggestions on food ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again

Melissa

cajungirl
on 5/14/13 5:33 am

You're averaging over 4 lbs per week, that's a good loss AND since many revisions tend to lose slower I'd say you are doing awesome!

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

Brenda S.
on 5/14/13 4:52 am - FL
RNY on 04/09/13
I was told to try to keep meals and shakes less than 14g of carbs each.

poet_kelly
on 5/14/13 5:55 am - OH

Yes, you are supposed to have some carbs.  You would have very few food choices if you ate absolutely no carbs - you could not eat any dairy products, no fruits, no veggies, no beans, no whole grains.  Basically all you could eat would be meat.  A diet consisting of nothing but meat would not be healthy.  With no carbs at all, you would be tired, have trouble thinking clearly, and eventually develop heart and kidney problems.

A low carb diet is best when losing weight (probably, although not everyone agrees on this), but you need some carbs.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 55 replies · 385 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 443 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 334 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 341 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 6 replies · 152 views
Recent Topics