juicing

obesityhelptwistedsist
er

on 5/20/13 11:58 am - PA

Hello, i am 3 1/2 weeks post-op and I have a few questions, if I juice some carrots, apples, watercress and spinach and drink about 4 oz, it is a drink right ? 

And i am still having pains in my lower left abdomen, and when I asked my doctor he said, some people just heal differently, has anyone else had pain this long ?

I had the dreaded foamies last week, ugghhhh, is there any remedy for them, I was throwing up/foamies from 12 pm Friday night till sat 6 pm, it was horrible.

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 5/20/13 12:21 pm - OH

Yes, if you juice fruits and veggies, it is a drink.  Be cautious about doing so very often, though, because it can have a lot of calories and most surgeons don't want you drinking calories outside of protein shakes and/or milk.  It is very easy to consume too many calories when you drink them as opposed to eating the fruits and veggies intact.

I had open RNY, so cannot address the pain issue.

If you were sick for that many hours, it was not just the foamies.  The best way to avoid foamies, however, is to be sure to chew everything to applesauce consistency before swallowing, and to eat slowly.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

scarlettbegonias
on 5/20/13 3:08 pm - Australia
RNY on 10/19/12

I'd drop the carrot only use half an apple and add either some celery or cucumber.

Band placed April '08 four years of hell-Band removed may '12~Non VSG July 26 '12. All went to hell~RNY on the 19th october '12~Leak & infection 26th october '12 ~infection 24th November '12, 2 weeks hospital~infection 25th dec '12 4 days ~30/5/13 hernia repair 4 days~hw120/sw/115/gw/58kg

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 324 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 246 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 312 views
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 5 replies · 92 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 5 replies · 92 views