Thinning hair? These products helped me (and still do).

Jilly Bean
on 5/21/13 4:28 am, edited 5/21/13 4:31 am - IN
RNY on 07/09/12

I thought I was going to go bald after surgery.  My hair loss slowed down a lot since last month.  These really, really helped me.  After washing my hair I worked in some of the Nexxus Thickening Leave-in Volumizer (bought from Amazon.com).  I then blew my hair dry as normal.  I then took a small amount of John Frieda's Frizz-Ease Secret Weapon Finishing Creme (bought at Target) and smoothed that through my hair with my hands.  Ta-da!  Thicker looking (and feeling hair) that is now frizz-proof.  

A good shampoo/conditioner, of course, helps (non-sulfates).  I also use a deep conditioner once in a while (I use coconut oil).

It helps with that awkward phase.  That's it.  Thought I'd pass it along in case it helped anyone.

Surgery weight:  232 lbs. / Goal: 145 lbs. Height:  5'5"     Fat? Ain't nobody got time for that.

camelon
on 5/21/13 4:39 am

Thanks, I think my hair loss will never stop!!!

lorimiller72
on 5/21/13 6:56 am - NC
Thanks i will try this mine is just starting
WhoIWantToBe *.
on 5/21/13 9:29 am
RNY on 01/10/12

I finally stopped losing hair, started growing it back, and then had to have the back of my head shaved (for a different surgery). Fortunately the top hair covers the shaved part, but I'm back to looking skimpy again!

- Barb, who is at GOOOOOOAAAAAAL!

HW: 274  SW: 244  GW: 137 CW: 137!
              Keep on swimming!  Keep on swimming! 

netnay
on 5/21/13 5:52 pm
RNY on 03/27/13
I had to have the back of my head shaved in dec 2009. I had chiari malformation and they had to do a decompression surgery. They removed a small part of the bottom of my skull to make room. Anyways my hair grew back pretty fast after that. I left the rest of my hair long. It covered up the incisions and staples on the back of my head. Anyways I had my RNY on march 27th. I am scared of the thinning hair. I am seriously thinking about cutting my hair if it gets too bad. I have long hair. That's what makes it heart breaking, but hair can grow back. The weightloss outweighs the hair issues.

'View

WhoIWantToBe *.
on 5/21/13 9:41 pm
RNY on 01/10/12

I finally get my staples out tomorrow. The itching is driving me insane!

This is my second surgery on the back of my head. I have an occipital nerve stimulator -- electrical leads implanted in the back of my head. I've had it since 2008, and some of the electrodes on one of the leads got damaged and kept zapping me. So my surgery last week was to repair it.

Coincidentally, my daughter also has staples in her head now, and she's getting hers out tomorrow too. (She fell and hit her head hard.)

- Barb, who is at GOOOOOOAAAAAAL!

HW: 274  SW: 244  GW: 137 CW: 137!
              Keep on swimming!  Keep on swimming! 

Most Active
Recent Topics