on 5/22/13 2:14 am
Welcome. We are glad you found us!

I fight badgers with spoons.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255

Suicidepreventionlifeline.org

Annie_Anaba
on 5/22/13 2:58 am
RNY on 08/27/12

Welcome to OH and I hope you have a smooth surgery. Watch out though we tend to ask a lot of questions and you usually get paid to answer them, lol.

Kim S.
on 5/22/13 3:27 am - Helena, AL

Welcome!  I'm 4 years out, 3 in maintenance, with no regain.  This tool can make the difference in long term weight maintenance!! 

Let us know if we can help in any way.

BWB
on 5/22/13 4:36 am

Hello "fatdoctor"....Your user name amuses me but you will have to change that in a few months.    It took me a couple of years to make this decision but it was for the same reasons.  I have grand daughters that I couldn't run and play with like they enjoy and I was setting a bad example by ignoring all my co-morbidities.   Your experience will certainly be a benefit to your practice.  My cardiologist said that I have added years to my life which is nice to hear when you are 74 yrs.  My 1 yr and 9 months, post op,  has been smooth sailing and I am wishing the same for you.

ywalton
on 5/22/13 4:37 am - Sycamore, OH
RNY on 02/18/13

Welcome, I too am new here my surgery was 2-18-13 In Toledo. i have had my share of complication but I am doing better.
Good Luck

MeMinusMore
on 5/22/13 5:33 am
My obgyn had rny a year ago and has been quite an inspiration. Welcome!
carpink72
on 5/22/13 5:55 am - East Orange, NJ

Welcome Abroad!  You're a perfect example of how obesity affects all of us even those who are in the healthcare profession.  As a matter of fact, I think it is at a disadvantage for you because you are set on a higher pedestal and I'm pretty sure you feel somewhat like a hypocrite when you are telling your patients how to take better care of themselves when they can see that you need to start with yourself.  Unfortunately, no matter how good of a doctor you are, there will be those people who will past judgement upon you.  I wish you all of the best to a healthier you.

ktkinz82
on 5/22/13 6:05 am - NH
RNY on 05/10/13

Welcome. I am also new and mostly a lurker. 

PetHairMagnet
on 5/22/13 7:46 am
RNY on 05/13/13

I am 9 days post op and already know that this is the best decision I have ever made for myself. I hope you find the same to be true for you, too!!

selhard
on 5/23/13 12:38 am - MN
RNY on 11/26/12

I think your honesty (profession/BMI) takes courage to type and will take you far in your success to become a loser!

I have had health care employees directly or indirectly make my obesity struggles worse.  I would post some of the comments and actions, but they are painful and I am afraid many, even on this site, would find hard to believe they actually happened.

If it helps any, I am sure I am not the only one who deliberately seeks out professionals who appear to have their own issues.  I hope for them to be less judgmental, understanding, and helpful.  For example, I requested a local NUT who has had RNY surgery herself and she's great.   All the best to you.

Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 374 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 487 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 470 views