New here surgery tomorrow!:)

Melis1621
on 5/23/13 7:49 am - CA
Hi everyone I just want to know what to expect for my new life journey and of course for surgery tomorrow! I'm so nervous mostly excited but scared about will I be in pain will I crave things will I be so frustrated that I can only take in an oz at a time. I can't wait to begin this journey but I have to admit its a scary thought of a sudden life changing food change. How have you all been coping!? how much weight do you lose the first month? How painful is it? Thank you
shannon1025
on 5/23/13 12:01 pm - PA

Hello

I just had surgery on Monday.  It was uneventful.  I came back up to my room and was pretty out of it the whole day.  I could barely stay awake.  I felt some pain in my abdomen but didn't even need to use pain med thanks to the abundance of anesthesia on board.  They get you right up and walking.  It just keeps getting easier (pain, gas) .  Today I felt pretty good, I took in the most fluid so far but still no where near the 64 oz the want.  Thats okay though as long as I keep trying my NUT said I will get there. 

Personally, I keep focusing on the end result.  I'm not letting myself obsess about food, I just got stocked up with what I am allowed and I taking as much of that as I can.   Good luck tomorrow and try to get some rest....I hope all goes well.

RNY scheduled May 20, 2013

Jerwelch
on 5/23/13 5:50 pm - Grand Haven, MI
Good luck!!

Jerry

PetHairMagnet
on 5/28/13 7:22 am
RNY on 05/13/13

Hope you had a great experience and are home and feeling wonderful!!