Two things that irk me...

Jennifer39
on 5/27/13 5:12 am
1. "you have such a pretty face"... Thanks.. And from the neck down? What? Chopped liver?!

2. "taking the easy way out I see" (when I tell someone I'm getting RNY. Um no! Do you understand how much I'm sacrificing for this?! Then they proceed to give me diet advice. No. Just stop.

Uuuuggghhhhhh!!!!!

PetHairMagnet
on 5/27/13 5:39 am
RNY on 05/13/13

Your #2 is the reason that other than the medical staff, only 2 people know. My mother and my husband. And to be honest, I wish I had never told my mother. I live in fear she'll about it to others. :(

I have not (and will not) lie to anyone, but I cannot anyone having the gigantic brass ones it would take to ask someone if they had WLS. I tell them I am making better food choices, working with a nutritionist every 3 weeks and making exercise a priority instead of an afterthought. That is all 100% true!

poet_kelly
on 5/27/13 5:53 am - OH

My first thought was, there are only two things that irk you?

My second thought was, regarding "the easy way out" thing, is that I just don't understand why some people seem to think taking the hard way is better.  I do most things in my life in the way that is easiest and most efficient for me.  This morning, I cooked a pot of Island Red Beans.  I used canned beans because that's easier than soaking dried beans.  This evening I will heat some up in the microwave for dinner, and I'll heat them up in the microwave because that's a lot easier than going outside and collecting fire wood and building a fire and heating them up over the open flame.  Oh, and in just a little bit, the teenager I pay to take my dog for a run will be arriving.  I pay him to take my dog for a run because my dog needs the exercise but with  my bad back, it's much easier to pay someone else to run with him than to go for a run myself.  Anyone got a problem with that?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

noftessa0401
on 5/28/13 2:27 am - San Diego, CA
RNY on 12/27/12

You know, when I travel cross-country, I don't walk, ride my bike, or even drive a car.  I fly!  In a real airplane!

HW: 274 | SW: 232 | CW: 137 | Goal: 145 (ticker includes a 42 pound loss pre-op) | Height: 5'4"

M1: -24 (205) | M2: -14 (191) | M3: -11 (180) | M4: -7 (173) | M5: -7 (166) | M6: -8 (158) | M7: -11 (147) | M8: -2 (145) | M9: -3 (142) | M10: -2 (140) | M11: -4 (136) | M12: -2 (134) | M13: -0 (134) | M14: -3 (131) | M15: +4 (135) | M16: +2 (137)

poet_kelly
on 5/28/13 2:31 am - OH

Well, clearly you are cheating then, so your trip doesn't really count.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

BWB
on 5/27/13 6:08 am

1,  I think you are over reacting to that comment.  Don't waste your time getting upset.  They wouldn't say it if you are ugly.

2.  RE: easy way out.  They are clueless so what ever you say is not going to register, just smile or laugh and move on.  Really, there is nothing you can say.   When you want to keep a secret don't tell anyone until the night before the surgery.  Okay, your boss needs to know.

Kaoz789
on 5/27/13 6:14 am
Bwahahahah! Easy way out! How many billions are spent every year on diet pills? Oh that's funny. Ain't nothing easy about this. Ignorance is talking.

stephstephens77
on 5/27/13 6:15 am

I totally feel you on #2.  When people try to pull that on me, I give them my schpeel!  I have worked hard my entire life to no avail!  I'm very lucky to have a great support system that GETS me and UNDERSTANDS why I have chosen this.  Yes, those that don't need to just stop.

Teach64
on 5/27/13 6:24 am - OH
RNY on 07/01/13
While we're on this subject....I've noticed since i got my surgery date (JULY 1st!), a couple of my close friends have to decided to share with me stories of failure. "Oh, you know 'Sally'? She had gastric bypass and then regained allll her weight back plus more." Why??????
Charlene Straus
on 5/27/13 6:44 am - Mississauga, Canada

Kind of reminds me of when I was pregnant. When you get close to your due date, you get to hear all the horror stories of long labor, extreme pain and ugly babies

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 341 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 373 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 338 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 260 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 116 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?