Need encouragement

nbw
on 5/23/13 9:19 am

I celebrate 2 years post op next week. I have reached the doctors goal my first year. I feel great and think I am doing ok. I would rather drink shakes instead of eating. Eating is so difficult to get down for me unless it's things they call "sliders". I can consume 1/2 cup at a meal. I weighed 208 when I started and reached 113. Today I got on the scale and I gained 4 pounds. I went into a tail spin. Thought about all the old things I would do before to lose weight. (You know what I mean, laxitives, etc.) I am dehydrated according to my recent labs. Please tell me how to lose these few pounds. I am petrified of gaining the weight bac****ep track of everything I eat on MYfitnessPal. I average 1000 calories a day. I see the surgeon next week for my yearly checkup. I wanted so much to be down even more. How do you get your mind to not panic?

Nancy
brenda_m
on 5/23/13 10:24 am - Renick, WV

I cant really give you advice as I am pre-op. But do you exercise? You really should be eating more than you are I would think. And at 113 or 117, I would think thats a really good weight, since you were pretty much a light weight when you had surgery. Maybe some of the vets here can give better advice, but I think youve done a great job and I hope you find your answers. Good Luck!!

PetHairMagnet
on 5/23/13 10:31 am
RNY on 05/13/13

I am sorry you are feeling down and encourage you to amp up the exercise.

But on another note...what is a slider?

nbw
on 5/23/13 12:03 pm

A slider is something like crackers, things that become mushy and go down easy. Usually they are carbs so they don't like you to consume too many

Nancy
The_girl_next_door
on 5/23/13 11:39 am
How tall are you? 113 is tiny.
nbw
on 5/23/13 12:02 pm

I am 4'11"

Thanks for your comment

Nancy
The_girl_next_door
on 5/23/13 12:11 pm
I don't have any great advice as I am only a month out. But just IMO, you have been so successful, you'll get this figured out in no time! Good luck!
ToNewBeginnings
on 5/23/13 11:28 pm

I think at two years out you should be trying to eat more food instead of shakes. Instead of worrying about the 4 pounds you gained I would concentrate on your health and getting hydrated.

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 362 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 332 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 196 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 117 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 0 replies · 7 views
Recent Topics