Pain when eating!!

Kay1975
on 5/23/13 5:47 am - PA

I am 8 months out and I have had bad pain when I eat or drink something.  It started yesterday.  I called the surgeon and he said if I get to the point where I cant pass water then call him back.  Does anyone know what this is.  PLz help.  I chew my food very well and I do not eat and drink at same time.  

Kay Kay

cajungirl
on 5/23/13 6:57 am

He's probably waiting to see if liquids cause you too many problems.  Not being able to get liquids through could very well be a stricture.  An EDG would tell him if you have one. 

Did you eat something different?  Anything get stuck?  Hopefully you just aggravated your pouch and it'll be better tomorrow.  Since it started yesterday (with no prior problems), I recommend a soft diet for a day or two and see how you feel.

Of course if the pain becomes serious, don't hesitate to go to the ER.

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

PetHairMagnet
on 5/23/13 10:43 am
RNY on 05/13/13

That all sounds like great advice!! The one thing that my doctor made me sign a form that stated I understood how serious this was, that if I went to the ER after my RNY, I was to disclose the surgery ASAP to avoid a serious misdiagnosis.

So be sure you state that up front and in writing on your intake form!

It sounds like a no brainer, but he said MANY people forget.

kisersassy
on 5/23/13 3:26 pm - Stanaford, WV
RNY on 10/29/12
I will be 7 months post op next week and the past few days I have been going through this too but it's like everything I eat or drink makes me nauseous and of course the pain and so uncomfortable feeling in my stomach
Most Active
Recent Topics