NSV, SV, and bought a new car!

JanBooth
on 5/25/13 11:25 am - KY
RNY on 09/25/12

SV first...I've lost 85 pounds!  I'm still over 200, but barely, and I can't wait until I'm under 200. 
The NSV happened while buying the new car.  I have a 2007 Jeep, our daughter just turned 16, so she is getting the Jeep and I went to buy my new car, "Bessie". My husband was suggesting larger vehicles, but I have liked the Ford Focus since I first saw it.  I wasn't sure if it would be big enough, turns out that it's a perfect fit!  After test driving, and much discussion, we decided on a dark grey Ford Focus.  I had to choose a nickname, as Syncing the phone, so I chose "Bessie" because it just looks like a "Bessie". 
The NSV is that as we sat at the saleswoman's desk, with our driver's license laying on top of the desk, the saleswoman asked, "So, how much weight have you lost?"  I was dumbfounded. I said, "How in the world do you know that I've lost weight?"  She pointed to my driver's license and said that she could tell from the photo that I had lost a "tremendous" amount of weight.  lol I looked at the photo and it looks very little like me.  The saleswoman asked what I was doing to lose, so I told her about my surgery and she went on to tell about friends who had had RNY and other WLS.  She also said that she has struggled with her weight for all of her life. 
I LOVE that I can comfortably fit in a smaller car, and that my weight loss is noticed by others. 
Can't wait to get this new car out on the road.  We have a trip to Sandusky, OH coming up next month.  Road trip in a new car...yay! 

Janet

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. ~ Dr. Seuss~

Miamos
on 5/25/13 11:48 am - OH
Congrats keep up the good work'!
JanBooth
on 5/26/13 1:04 am - KY
RNY on 09/25/12

Thank you, I will! 

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. ~ Dr. Seuss~

Oxford Comma Hag
on 5/25/13 12:24 pm
Cool! Congratulations. I can relate. I have a Fiat, which I never would have fit in at 314 pounds

I fight badgers with spoons.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255

Suicidepreventionlifeline.org

JanBooth
on 5/26/13 1:04 am - KY
RNY on 09/25/12

Thank you!
I'm not working right now.  If I were, it would have been a Ford Mustang convertible, instead of the Focus!  Before we had our daughter, my husband and I leased Mustang convertibles for 2 year leases.  We arranged the leases so that every year we'd have a new car.  I'd get the new one, passing the "old" one on to my husband.  Having had those "fun" cars for so many years, I just wanted an inexpensive, gas efficient car to get me to and from, safely.
Fiats are so cute! 

The_girl_next_door
on 5/25/13 1:24 pm
YAY!!!
JanBooth
on 5/26/13 12:59 am - KY
RNY on 09/25/12

Thank you!

daisy142
on 5/25/13 1:31 pm - TX
What an awesome day!!!

HW = 370

SW = 322

GW = 180

Lap RNY by Dr. Dana Reiss

mani_heart
on 5/25/13 1:58 pm
RNY on 03/18/13

Awesome!!!  

JanBooth
on 5/26/13 12:59 am - KY
RNY on 09/25/12

Thank you!

Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 344 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 342 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 288 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 458 views