Update: Surgery 6/3/13

lovedbymany09
on 6/4/13 8:01 pm - NC
RNY on 06/03/13
I had my surgery on Monday and I'm looking forward to going home today (Wednesday). My GI exam came back with no leaks. I thank God for a successful surgery. I super sore on the left side probably just gas but I been walking since day one. Please continue to pray that my next couple of weeks goes by smoothly.
ShadowHR
on 6/4/13 8:09 pm - WI
RNY on 04/04/13

Congrats on your surgery and glad that you are up and moving. Praying for a speedy recovery and a blessed journey towards the healthier you.

i love your attitude, God bless

Surgery Weight 245

E R.
on 6/4/13 11:22 pm - Switzerland
I am happy for you that it all went well and that you passed the leakage test. It is great that you can go home. I had my surgery on Tuesday and I am also grateful that I passed the leakage test. I have to stay in hospital for 5 days. Are you hungry? I feel hungry but do not know if it is just in my head?
lovedbymany09
on 6/6/13 1:32 am - NC
RNY on 06/03/13
I actually came home today instead if yesterday because my blood count was low yesterday. But I don't feel hungry. I actually feel too full. I don't know how to get this water down
MeMinusMore
on 6/5/13 12:08 am
I also had rny on Monday. I'm not hungry. Some stuff smells good but no hunger. I just CANNOT get this gas passed. So annoying. I've never wanted to fart so bad in my life!
lovedbymany09
on 6/6/13 1:34 am - NC
RNY on 06/03/13
Are you burping?? Walk walk walk!!! I've been walking since day one. They gave me a cup of milk of magnesium. And it worked wonders.
PaintingJoy
on 6/5/13 7:01 am - GA
RNY on 05/20/13

Congratulations on successful surgery and no leaks!  The gas bothered me mostly in my upper left back; and walking and windmill exercises in bed helped tremendously.   I think the gas pain was the worst of it for me.  That and the itching from the dilaudid.  (Benadryl worked wonders.) 

2 weeks later and I'm feeling good ~ expect to be tired though, my surgeon said yesterday at my 2 week, exhaustion is the number 1 thing patients tell him is the problem. 

You're going to be so happy with this if you're like me.  Much luck!!

Most Active
Recent Topics