15 days since my surgery!

MandyinTX
on 6/1/13 4:31 am

Every day I feel better! I am healing, and getting back to living my life. I concentrate a lot right now on my food intake, (I am use to skipping eating- that is no longer an option) I concentrate a lot on my fluids I am taking in. I am going swimming today, and going to enjoy some of this nice warm weather!

I am hopeful and excited for when I can share pics! I am feeling a difference in my clothing, and can see I am shrinking.

I felt like before I had surgery would weight loss surgery even be able to help me? Sad to think I had gotten so down. But, today I feel like I have a new chance at life. :)

Surgery date: May 17, 2013  Surgery: Gastric Bypass   Doctor:Joya Location: Puerta Vallarta Mexico

Seeing myself in a picture changed my life, I finally said no more. What ever I have to do to make my dreams come true I will do it!! And little did I know that's when my journey would begin! And so here I go!! :)

ShadeMcG
on 6/1/13 4:36 am
RNY on 11/04/12
Congratulations on you decision. Each day just keeps getting better!

Life is not a dress rehearsal.

Height:  5'11", Highest Weight:  281  Surgery Weight:  266 Goal Weight:  165  Current Weight:  170

BeccaBoop
on 6/1/13 9:32 am - PA

That is wonderful!!

I felt the same way prior to my surgery on 5/7/13, but now I feel so much better. Keep up the awesome work and a positive state of mind!!!

MandyinTX
on 6/1/13 12:13 pm
Thank you for your support, i truly appreciate it !

Surgery date: May 17, 2013  Surgery: Gastric Bypass   Doctor:Joya Location: Puerta Vallarta Mexico

Seeing myself in a picture changed my life, I finally said no more. What ever I have to do to make my dreams come true I will do it!! And little did I know that's when my journey would begin! And so here I go!! :)

PetHairMagnet
on 6/1/13 9:41 pm
RNY on 05/13/13

FANTASTIC! This is awesome to read!

I love what you put in your signature line, that was it for me, too! A very dear friend posted a photo of us together on Facebook and I had thought I looked so great and when I saw myself I almost cried. I guess mental photoshop had removed the roll above my jeans and the belly in the jeans and the triple chins. I could not deny where I was any longer, made my appt that day, saw the doctor 9 days later and had the surgery 4 months later, May 13 of this year.

BEST THING EVER!

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

Most Active
Recent Topics