19LBS IN A WEEK AND A HALF!

Melis1621
on 6/4/13 5:19 am - CA

Hi everyone,

I had the RNY Gastric Bypass done on May 24 since then I have lost 19lbs... I'm extremely surprised and happy with that BUT the way I have been feeling makes me nervous I have a lot of nausea and cravings am I doing something wrong?? My first post op appt went well they prescribed me nasty nausea medicine that has helped a bit. I am now on the "mushy diet" stage 2 and its hard and frustrating to figure out what to eat maybe i'm being picky i dont know but sometimes i go the entire day without eating because i'm afraid to eat and or I dont know what to eat and if I can season it. My Dr's office has been really supportive i'm just shy I guess to keep bugging if it was more serious I wouldnt be so shy but I am hoping this forum will help so I wont need to lean on the office so much:) So does any one have suggestions for stage 2 on what to eat? Thank You:)

baepage
on 6/4/13 7:56 am - MA
RNY on 04/22/13

At stage 2 I was eating, low fat yogurt (no fruit pieces), sugar free pudding, sugar free popsicles & fudgesicles, chicken broth, sugar free jello, and 3 protein shakes, plus lots of water. 

Melissa Nicely
on 6/4/13 9:19 am - Chesapeake, OH
RNY on 05/06/13

I am on the Mushy Diet right now myself. My go to food is re fried beans with low fat cheese on top and the juice of the salsa, it's yummy, easy on the pouch and stays with you for awhile. I also like Ricotta cheese with Marinara sauce on it. Greek yogurt is also good, just make sure you get the lite one so it doesn't have as much sugar in it. I can also do deli meat with a slice of cheese inside, ground up meat like hamburger or chicken or Wendy's Chili. Just be sure to watch how much you eat, measure it out, if not your pouch will let you know it's not happy.

Melis1621
on 6/5/13 8:21 am - CA

Thank you I didnt know we can have meats! I literally have been living off potato's, beans and jello​So glad to hear:) THANK YOU

Needanewbeginning
on 6/4/13 11:26 am - Barrie, Canada
RNY on 05/21/13

Congrats! Wow, you have lost a lot. 

I think its important you increase your intake. I am at the same stage and I have: 1/4 cup of ream of wheat for breakfast, 1/4 cup of fat/sugar free Greek yoghurt, 1/3 cup protein shake. It takes me sometime to eat this, but I try to get it in. Lunch, is a cream soup like 1/4 cup broccoli soup, 1/4 cup cottage cheese, 1/3 cup protein shake, dinner, pretty much the same.

Its so important to get your protein in right now. It takes time to eat, but honestly, you need to get nutrients in than you have been.

Starting weight: 334 lbs.Starting opti weight: 323 lbs, Surgery weight 303 lbs.Surgery-May 21st, 2013 with Dr Hagen at HRRH Goal weight 165 lbs reached at 13 months. Current weight 156 lbs

Melis1621
on 6/5/13 8:24 am - CA

I didnt know we can have PROTEIN SHAKES... What kind do you take? I think thats why i've been so tired all the time... Thank you for being so specific! I'm going to try and follow this!:)

PetHairMagnet
on 6/4/13 11:34 am
RNY on 05/13/13

GREAT for you!

But don't be frustrated if your 3rd week is met with a stall and seemingly no progress. It is common and a whole lot of people on this forum (including yours truly) have BTDT and empathy runs high! :)

PLEASE do not go the entire day without eating--you have GOT to get your protein and hydration in!! If it has to be shakes only plus water, then so be it! But it is CRITICAL to your health to do both of these things daily!

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

Melis1621
on 6/5/13 8:25 am - CA

Thank you all the tips were very helpful! Now that I know more what I can it I wont be so afraid to eat.kiss

Needanewbeginning
on 6/5/13 8:28 am - Barrie, Canada
RNY on 05/21/13
Every centre is very different. We cannot have meats for another couple of weeks I can't wait to have tuna starting Friday. Beans etc nope not for a while as well.

Protein shakes I have are from Coscto kaizen brand yuk but I mix with cocoa and have at least one cup per day in 1/3 cup portions.

Starting weight: 334 lbs.Starting opti weight: 323 lbs, Surgery weight 303 lbs.Surgery-May 21st, 2013 with Dr Hagen at HRRH Goal weight 165 lbs reached at 13 months. Current weight 156 lbs

Most Active
Recent Topics