Newbie shake question???

Love2travel4
on 6/9/13 3:51 am
Okay, thanks to all of your suggestions I am ready to start 2 shakes a dayas meal rep laments (trying to get the last 12lbs.pre op weight off). I will be making the shakes at work. I will do 1 vanilla and 1 chocolate. Here are my ???

1 scoop or 2 of powder (obviously this changes how much milk I will use)

Anyone used a " blender bottle" to shake it up? I have my mini blender but would rather out bring it to work.

I got sugar free, fat free instant jello and pudding mix to change the vanilla up. I was thinking vanilla powder tomorrow with some strawberry jello powder?? 1 tablespoon of jello, correct?

I also got some Quest bars to try!!

My plan (based on the NUT and others in preop group)

B: shake
S: raw veggies or cottage cheese
L: shake
S: protein bar
D: some grilled chicken or other protein and cooked veggies

Thoughts??? Thanks again!!!
poet_kelly
on 6/9/13 4:04 am - OH

How much protein powder depends on how many calories and how many grams of protein is in one scoop and how many calorie and how much protein you want to get from your shake.  I would use one scoop of something like Syntrax Nectar or  Unjury, which would give you around 200 calories and around 30 grams of protein if you put it in eight or ten ounces of milk.  But if you want more calories and more protein, then use two scoops.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Bucketta
on 6/9/13 4:12 am

Your jar of protein powder should tell you if you use one scoop or two, too much protein will make it taste bad, or this is my experience. I found I really like the taste of Quest bars but they gave me so much gas that I will not use them again.  Good luck in getting the last 12 lbs gone, you can do it.  

Jacqueline 
 RNY 1/24/11

semitchell1972
on 6/9/13 4:17 am
Love my blender bottle.
aliceindietland
on 6/9/13 4:35 am
RNY on 06/11/13

Other options besides pudding mix for mixing up the shakes is sugar-free syrups.  I have hazelnut and irish cream torani!  Also coffee, and my personal favorite... PB2. :)

"The first thing I've got to do," said Alice to herself, as she wandered about in the wood, "is to grow to my right size again..." -- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Blog: http://therightsize.wordpress.com   Twitter: @therightsize  HW: 365  SW: 346 CW: 254

Love2travel4
on 6/9/13 5:51 am
1 scoop for 26g protein, add to 6 to 8 ounces milk or water. Think I will start with that!

Hmmm...maybe try my quest bars at home..lol!

Bought some PB2 yesterday at Walmart!
daisy142
on 6/9/13 8:35 am - TX
Your good to go! You can do it!!! I lost 13 lbs in 4 weeks doing the same thing without exercise.

HW = 370

SW = 322

GW = 180

Lap RNY by Dr. Dana Reiss

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 451 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 520 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 504 views
What's on your Monday Menu?