Weird Cravings

jasmith31
on 6/12/13 9:24 am - Los Angeles, CA

Hi all,

I'm 5 days out from Roux-en-Y bypass.  Going pretty good so far, but I am craving the strangest things: things I normally didn't eat too often in the past.

The main one:  Stouffer's Mac and Cheese!  Of all things!!!!

Have any of you craved things that you didn't crave in the past?

Annie_Anaba
on 6/12/13 9:45 am
RNY on 08/27/12

At first I was so sick I didnt crave anything. Slowly in the months to follow I would crave bread if I smelled it cooking (which I hardly ever ate before surgery). I too crave pasta and it confuses me because I never liked pasta or breads before. The last month or so I have craved greek frozen yogurt and I eat way too much of it. Our bodies are strange creations for sure. Good luck on your journey.

oceanluv05
on 6/12/13 10:03 am

I couldn't imagine having any cravings for food when I was 5 days post/op.  It was hard enough just getting myself to put liquids down my throat.   I started craving watermelon a few weeks ago; that was new for me. All-in-all,I would rack it up to our mysterious and amazing bodies.    
Best wishes going forward in your recovery!

E R.
on 6/12/13 3:26 pm - Switzerland
I am 9 days post-op and I craved for a hamburger on the 2nd day post-op. I have now learned from the forum that if you crave a specific food it is head hunger. Trust me to have head hunger so quickly after surgery

RNY:  4 June 2013

beverlyp
on 6/13/13 10:11 pm

I had weird cravings, it was almost like being pregnant.  Mostly I wanted sour stuff.  I would drink pickle juice right out of the jar,  pickle bologna, pickled eggs.  I was on liquid when it started cause I bought a jar of pickled bologna even though I couldn't have it.  Lol its still sitting in the pantry, I don't even want it now. But back in those first weeks it looked like pure heaven.

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 362 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 332 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 197 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 118 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 0 replies · 9 views
Recent Topics