Positive news

Jessica H.
on 6/14/13 11:42 am - North Royalton, OH
RNY on 08/05/13

Today I met with the nutritionist and the psychologist at the Cleveland Clinic for surgery. They were the final two people I needed to say I am ready and a good candidate for surgery. 

Well, I'm thrilled to let you know that they BOTH GAVE ME THE GREEN LIGHT!!! I am now ready to have my information submitted to insurance for approval. YAY!!!!   It probably will take 2-4 weeks for insurance to review my information. Then hopefully they will approve my surgery and I can get a date!!    I'm so excited. It's such a long and sometimes daunting process. I'm just really so glad to have the approval from the medical team. One hurdle down.... Lots more to go :)

Jessica

http://www.thebariatricdiva.com 

happygrandma
on 6/14/13 11:59 am - Highland, MI
RNY on 12/17/12

Congratulations, I hope the approval comes quickly.

Athlynne
on 6/14/13 2:17 pm

Yay! Good luck!

"I'm pleasant, but I have issues." - MST3K

Start weight: 290 lbs.
Current weight: 205 lbs.

Surgery date: April 15, 2013

PetHairMagnet
on 6/14/13 9:36 pm
RNY on 05/13/13

How wonderful, hope that you have an approval soon!

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

Teach64
on 6/14/13 11:40 pm - OH
RNY on 07/01/13

Hi! My surgery is through Cleveland Clinic too! Dr. Brethaur is my surgeon. I'm telling you - the insurance approval process was super quick! It took them 4 days to approve and then 2 days later I got my surgery date - July 1st. I'm so excited to get this done:) I hope this moves fast for you too!!!!! Good luck:)

Emecee0
on 6/16/13 11:11 am

Hi!  I just found this site....my surgery is July 8, 2013 with Dr. Shauer.  I am so nervous about he 2 week liquid diet.  It's been over a year since I had my visits with the Nutritionist.....Anyone have any insight on this? I guess I'm going "cold turkey" with it!

Teach64
on 6/16/13 11:20 am - OH
RNY on 07/01/13
I start my liquid diet tomorrow. I really tried to prep for it by cutting out carbs and sugar this week before. The Clinic gave me specifics - 800-850 calories a day via protein shakes. I can also have sugar free Popsicles and tea and crystal light (Mio for me). Nervous about it but excited at same time

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 398 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 498 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 480 views