DONATED HAIR TO LOCKS OF LOVE! - pictorial journey of my hair thinning story

Dar_Mab
on 6/17/13 9:13 am - Kitchener, ON, Canada
RNY on 03/08/13

Thanks!

HW: 305   SW: 272  CW: 155  Height: 5'4"

alisluv
on 6/16/13 9:54 am - Carolina Beach, NC

Amazing transformation in all areas! I'm dreading this hair loss thing, too, but love the way you handled it and did something wonderful at the same time. I agree that you look younger and more vibrant, and it matches your new body! Congrats!

Dar_Mab
on 6/17/13 9:20 am - Kitchener, ON, Canada
RNY on 03/08/13

Wi**** wasn't a side effect of WLS.  But I will sacrifice hair temporarily if it means I can be lighter and healthier.   Besides my approach in life is to try and make lemonade out of lemons so this was my way. Once I had my cry I decided to embrace the sassy new look. Can't wait to shock my husband when he comes home!  And I can always regrow it if I choose to. That's more choice  than the children get to choose that Locks of Love support.   Course it was a bit of a challenge styling it myself this morning but I actually like it better. My hair dresser is awesome but she likes things poofier than I do.  So in 10 minutes u was able to dry and style my hair. It was actually very easy.  And a lot less poofy!  Lol

Oxford Comma Hag
on 6/16/13 10:08 am
How cute and sassy it looks! And how cool that you donated to a great organization

I fight badgers with spoons.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255

Suicidepreventionlifeline.org

Dar_Mab
on 6/17/13 9:21 am - Kitchener, ON, Canada
RNY on 03/08/13

Thanks. Yes it made the pain a bit easier

tinapipp
on 6/16/13 10:09 am

Love your new look. My hair is starting to come out now. I have a lot so I really wanted to read about your journey with the hair loss. I have one person that really seems to think I will have bald spots. But most people do not so I was glad to see how great your look now! 

Dar_Mab
on 6/17/13 9:25 am - Kitchener, ON, Canada
RNY on 03/08/13

I don't believe we will get bald spots and people tell me it was more noticeable to me than them.  But I couldn't stand seeing the hair loss every day and decided to do something about it.    And who knew but apparently with age and hormones can change your hair.  After I got the weight of the hair off my hair dresser and I discovered my normally straight hair actually has a curl to it now. Was a pleasant surprise and I am determined to have some fun with these new curls I didn't have to pay to put on! Lol

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 6/16/13 11:18 am - OH

I had the same thing happen when I was losing my hair after surgery.  Mine wasn't quite as long, and was never nearly as thick as yours, but the ends got so thin that it looked terrible.  I cut it in two stages.  It has grown back out to the intermediate stage, but I lost additional hair a couple of years ago, and I don't think I have enough hair to grow it long again.  I confess that, although I don't miss the 190 pounds, I do miss my long hair!

I think you look FABULOUS with the new cut and color.  You look younger and thinner.  I hope you won't be offended, but the very dark hair have you a severe look and the new color makes you look happy!

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Dar_Mab
on 6/17/13 9:27 am - Kitchener, ON, Canada
RNY on 03/08/13

Thank you!  Not offended at all the darker hair is closer to my natural color and I just kept it that way. Now that I see it softened up to a more chestnut brown, I like the difference 

Teach64
on 6/16/13 11:34 am - OH
RNY on 07/01/13
You look so beautiful and happy with your new style! YOUNG!!! And what a great cause is Locks of Love

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 384 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 357 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 322 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 148 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 3 replies · 110 views
Recent Topics