Roasted Chick-peas

VintageChick
on 6/22/13 7:52 am
I just tried fixing roasted chick peas for some healthy crunch. I used olive oil to coat them first, then made a mix of sea salt, ground cumin, ground coriander, ground cayenne, and Truvia, then roasted. They're crunchy, but quite bland except for the cayenne, and I'm not a big fan of hot-spicy to start with.

Other ideas anyone's tried and liked? There are recipes all over the net, but most end up being basically like mine or even fewer spices.
poet_kelly
on 6/22/13 8:01 am - OH

I use some Creole seasoning sometimes.  I've used garlic salt and parmesan.  I've also used splenda and cinnamon (i like salty better, though).

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

VintageChick
on 6/22/13 11:41 pm
Thank you. I think I'll try the parm & garlic next! I've always loved popcorn, and these seem to be an ideal substitute if I can just get a good combo of flavors going
poet_kelly
on 6/22/13 11:59 pm - OH

I wonder how much it would taste like popcorn if you used some sort of butter flavoring and salt?

Last time I went to the movies, I took a baggie of roasted chickpeas in my purse to eat instead of popcorn.  I was happy and didn't have the blood sugar crash afterward like I do from all the carbs in the popcorn.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.