UGH...Fullness

lovedbymany09
on 6/24/13 9:59 am - NC
RNY on 06/03/13
I feel terrible!! I was eating slow but I accidentally swallow too soon and I feel sooooo full. My food don't seem like it's going down. It feels like a heartburn!! OMG this is terrible.. What can I do??

The race isn't given to swift nor the strong, but it's given to the ones who endure it to the end...Be Blessed!!!

PetHairMagnet
on 6/24/13 10:02 am
RNY on 05/13/13

I would try a few sips of water to help get the food down.

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

Dee.spunk
on 6/24/13 10:09 am - Sacramento, CA
Sometimes just giving it time will help. If it still feels like that after a few hours you may need to call your doc.

Height:5'1.5 RNY:11/30/11 HW:307 SW:234 CW:136 GW:140 (LOST 73 Lbs. PRE-OP)

brenda_m
on 6/24/13 11:40 am - Renick, WV

Try some hot tea. Im told it works well.

dahoodman
on 6/24/13 1:07 pm - VA
RNY on 03/26/13

If it was a protein meat like chicken or beef try a papaya enzyme or 3 to help break it down some. If you don't have any make sure you get some. They sell it on Amazon for sure and likely at other vitamin shops and stuff.

Time is the best and it sucks because it hurts. If you dump water on it you could end up being in a bit more pain but it may wa**** away quicker and/or induce a little spitting up. If you do finally spit up you will feel great. I don't recommend that as a good alternative to alleviating the eating to fast or not chewing good enough but you will eventually spit up. It's not the same as vomiting, much more pleasant but still nasty.

[Highest: 303] [Surgery Day: 295] [Current: 199.8] [Goal: 180][To Go: 19.8[Height: 5' 8"]

I have a tendency to wear my mind on my sleeve   

I have a history of losing my shirt Barenaked Ladies - One Week

lovedbymany09
on 6/24/13 9:37 pm - NC
RNY on 06/03/13
Thank you for the tips. After about 20 mins, it got better. I was eating chicken.

The race isn't given to swift nor the strong, but it's given to the ones who endure it to the end...Be Blessed!!!

PetHairMagnet
on 6/24/13 10:34 pm
RNY on 05/13/13

Chicken is one of the harder foods for me, no matter how soft/moist.

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

Most Active
Recent Topics