sick of shakes!!!

Katie B.
on 6/24/13 11:35 am
I am almost 1 week post-op and on a liquid diet. These are the "foods" they told me that I could eat: shakes 3x day, sf jello, sf popsicles, ff broth, crystal light, and no sugar added juice. Ugh. I am so sick of all of these things! Any suggestions to make these few things more palitable?
aliceindietland
on 6/24/13 11:43 am
RNY on 06/11/13

I have to say, I was super relieved when I could go from 3 to 1 shake a day.  Hang in there!

Have you been trying different flavors in your shakes?  The best for me was adding PB2 to them.  Other options are sugar-free syrups or sugar-free jello pudding mix.

"The first thing I've got to do," said Alice to herself, as she wandered about in the wood, "is to grow to my right size again..." -- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Blog: http://therightsize.wordpress.com   Twitter: @therightsize  HW: 365  SW: 346 CW: 254

poet_kelly
on 6/24/13 11:52 am - OH

You can make your own broth, or add spices to canned broth, to make it taste better.

You can freeze juice or protein shakes to make your own popsicles for different flavors.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Bibo
on 6/24/13 12:11 pm

I got some plain Knox Jello and made protein jello with one tablespoon no sugar added fruit juice to flavor it.

CubanQueen
on 6/24/13 12:57 pm - FL
RNY on 06/18/13
Sugar free vanilla pudding is my fave since my surgery! Also, they ok'd me with watery grits with cheese & lil butter. It was heaven at first but now I'm over it.

Good luck!
jensieck76
on 6/24/13 1:18 pm - TX
LOL I will be six weeks out on Wednesday and I am hoping that I will get the go ahead for real food and less shakes. I had to order some SF protein bars today because I so sick of shakes!! I have had no actual solids foods in 8 weeks. I AM SO READY! OVER the shakes!!

For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength. Phillipians 4:13 laugh

CW 190!!! GW Anything under 200 was the icing on the cake...going for 170...lil more icing never hurt anybody!

DebsGiz
on 6/24/13 9:04 pm - FL

Hold your nose and just swallow...  LoL

We've all been there and it just sucks.  Hang on and you'll be through it soon enough.

Welcome to the loser's bench!!!   And... it does get better.  Promise!!

patlivs
on 6/24/13 10:12 pm

Hi,

Me too and all i keep thinking is ONE MORE WEEK! I tried different flavors and called the dietitian for advice. Check out the Unjury web site for recipies with the soup. Hang in there your not alone.

PetHairMagnet
on 6/24/13 10:36 pm
RNY on 05/13/13

When does your liquid diet end? Mine ended at 8 days post op. I am really surprised you are allowed juice. No sugar added or not, that is a lot of calories and carbs.

You cannot have tomato or other smooth soups, only broth?

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

katmom_02
on 6/25/13 12:35 am - Orange Park, FL
RNY on 02/20/13

I used the ramen noodle flavor packets...I know, I know...the sodium is crazy high, but what the hell-it's not like I was eating anything else. I could not stand even the SMELL of broth anymore. NSA fudgesicles & NSA Breakfast Essentials. I was never so freaking happy to eat cottage cheese in my life...just for something other than liquids. You are lucky though, I was on CLEARS for one week post op. Then we could do full liquids, including strained cream soups and the like.

Most Active
Recent Topics