Question

jasmith31
on 6/23/13 3:21 am - Los Angeles, CA

I'm two weeks out post surgery.  I've already been cleared for soft foods (chicken, cottage cheese, etc).

Can I start eating fruit and veggies yet?  I seem to be tolerating all that I've been eating so far (except for yogurt, of all things!)

happygrandma
on 6/23/13 3:31 am - Highland, MI
RNY on 12/17/12

I started with well cooked carrots first.  Don't do anything raw yet.

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 6/23/13 3:42 am - OH

Check your surgeon's food plan, since they are all very different.  My surgeon had a VERY liberal plan, though, and no fruits or veggies other than applesauce were on the list at only 2 weeks put.  Besides, you need every bit of pouch room right now to get in protein.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Justcallmesuz
on 6/23/13 3:42 am
RNY on 05/08/13

Nothing raw. I could not do fruit at hat point. Too many sugars. I enjoyed cooked carrots at that stage.

HW~278

CW~131

GW~160

poet_kelly
on 6/23/13 6:25 am - OH

I don't know.  What does your surgeon's plan say?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

PetHairMagnet
on 6/23/13 9:08 am
RNY on 05/13/13

With my doctor, most fruits and vegetables are not allowed until 8 weeks and preferably further out than that.

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 491 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 553 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 539 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 30 replies · 253 views
Recent Topics