Still waiting

lindiesisson
on 6/25/13 9:24 am - IN

I have been waiting several weeks now to hear back from the Bariatric Clinic I am going to and just now got a response. I wrote the lady in charge of the financial stuff that I have been dealing with a couple of times and called her a couple. Any how she finally wrote back and said she had the wrong number but knows I got approved and said how much I owe for the Optifast program which is $408.10!!!! Holy cow  I wasn't expecting to have to pay that much for a drink! Does anyone know if you can opt out and just do your own protein drink? I did already ask her and I am still awaiting a reply, but I figure she is just going to tell me it's a must. I'm so upset because I worked really hard to get this far and can't afford to pay that much not when I have to pay insurance deductibles on top of that amount. I guess I'm just going to have to put everything off until I save the money. :/

saterry
on 6/25/13 10:03 am - IN
Revision on 10/03/13

This is the first I have heard of a program REQUIRING you use their Optifast ! There is no reason you cant do your own program before the surgery and so much cheaper.

PetHairMagnet
on 6/25/13 10:13 am
RNY on 05/13/13

Is that for 2 weeks? That is REALLY expensive! Wow!

My protein drinks ran me less than 40 a week! YIKES!

I'd be a little annoyed that they had not been more aggressive in getting news to you that you were approved!

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

lindiesisson
on 6/25/13 10:37 am - IN
I haven't a clue the lady gave me no information when she sent me a email just how much. I have to do 4 weeks of classes and I'm wondering if I have to be on OptiFast for the same amount of time. My husband said he will have the money for me but still way to much.
lindiesisson
on 6/25/13 10:41 am - IN
I knew I was approved already two weeks ago because I called the insurance company but this lady had the right number because she called me 3 weeks ago to schedule my nutritionist appointment and she had replied to one of my emails a month ago :/ I think she dropped the ball in my file and was just making an excuse.
The Salty Hag
on 6/26/13 11:32 pm
RNY on 05/20/13

Wow, yeah it sounds like they dropped quite a few balls!! 

I had the same sort of deal; four weeks of nutrition classes and 4 weeks of Optifast.  I was told from the very first informational meeting that I'd have to buy $400 some-odd worth of Optifast products. 

They didn't even tell you how long you'd be on Optifast prior to surgery?? Sounds like the clinic needs to get their heads out of their  behinds and get with the program! 

Your dietician should be able to answer any and all questions about possibly using a less expensive brand. I was cautioned against it, of course, and just chose to go with Optifast. Luckily, we'd already gotten our tax refund. 

Hope you can get the answers you're looking for. I wish you well!

lindiesisson
on 6/28/13 10:24 am - IN
I finally received a response back they said I absolutely have to take the OptiFast and they never told us that in the beginning in the seminar we took. Oh well I came up with the money to do it all since its not do till July 23. Just wish they would get their stuff together.
Most Active
Recent Topics