Insurance Frustrations

Jessica H.
on 6/26/13 4:18 am - North Royalton, OH
RNY on 08/05/13

I'm kind of annoyed right now. I called Cigna to see if they received the request from the surgeon's office and they said they don't have record of it. I was kind of panicky so I called the surgeon's office and they said they have been in touch with someone at Cigna and its pending a decision. So what's the disconnect? This sucks.

Jessica

http://www.thebariatricdiva.com 

saterry
on 6/26/13 4:23 am - IN
Revision on 10/03/13

Had same problem with Aetna. Found out Aetna has there own Bariatric Surgery review departrment and my file is with them. Get a case file number from the surgeons office and a number where the sent it. My Dr. office sent the wrong patients file in instead of mine the first time. set me back another 2 weeks, has been an additional month now......waiting. Hang in there, it will be worth it in the end, and the thighs, and the belly, and.......! hahaha

angeleigh
on 6/26/13 4:47 am - angier, NC
RNY on 09/17/12

With Cigna it can take up to 2 weeks before it shows in the system, while it is being reviewed. Normally it only takes 30 days for them to have an answer. So trying calling them back after 3 weeks.

Follow me on Pinterest!  SW/254 HW/276 CW/142  

Pictures: Pre-op, 1 year post op, 2 years post op.

Teach64
on 6/26/13 8:53 pm - OH
RNY on 07/01/13

I'm so sorry your having a hard time with this! My fingers are still crossed you'll get your response soon!!!

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 358 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 328 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 176 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 3 replies · 111 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 176 views