Food question

jasmith31
on 6/25/13 5:27 am - Los Angeles, CA

Is quinoa ok to eat?

I am three weeks out...on the soft foods phase.  I haven't seen it on any lists, and I do know it's an excellent source of protein.

poet_kelly
on 6/25/13 7:01 am - OH

I don't know if it's OK at three weeks out on your surgeon's plan or not.  You could call the office and ask, if you're not sure.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Texas Girl
on 6/25/13 7:06 am

Hi, Jasmith,

I agree with Kelly.  Please check with doctor. you do not want to eat anything that is not O.K.

Conniewink

Mary Catherine
on 6/25/13 7:58 am

Quinoa is a seed.  Seeds are not something to put into a healing pouch and intestines.  You still have stitches inside that are healing.  A seed caught in there can fester and start an infection.  Soft foods are things like smooth applesauce, cream of wheat or ricotta cheese.  Nothing that could catch or irritate your freshly cut and sewed back together insides.  Stick to items on your lists.

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 362 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 332 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 196 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 117 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 0 replies · 2 views
Recent Topics