Burning, bruising.

Pittsteelers
on 7/2/13 2:12 pm - PA
RNY on 08/06/12
I have a burning sensation throughout the day. The burning is in the lower part of my stomach. Slightly to the right. I also developed a bruise where that sensation is. I hate to blame my RNY on every problem that comes my way when it involves my stomach, but I never had this "pain" before. Does anybody know what it could be?? It's been almost 2 weeks now and it's not going away.

The Salty Hag
on 7/2/13 9:46 pm
RNY on 05/20/13

I didn't have any burning sensation, but I had a bruise on my lower left tummy for a month. I'm 6 weeks out, and it's just now completely gone. I think in my case that's where I had a heparin injection in the hospital. 

Call your surgeon's office and ask to speak to a nurse. I bugged the hell out of the poor nurses the few few weeks because I was so paranoid...lol. 

Hope you can get an answer!

Missella20
on 7/2/13 10:39 pm
RNY on 07/11/13

Do you have your gall bladder ?  When I had a gall bladder attack it started with a burning feeling. 

HW 264    SW 234    CW 149    5'4" 

patlivs
on 7/3/13 11:53 am

I'm two weeks post op and i went to see my surgeon today. I developed the same burning in the mid stomach and it goes all around to my back. She said its a nerve that runs there and was injured with the larger incision. she gave me a prescription for nerve pain. It got better later today it comes and goes. I was paranoid it was kidney stones. I hope that helps. you should ask your doc though.Hope you feel better.

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 7/3/13 1:54 pm - OH

Having this come up and persist for two weeks when you are almost a year out warrants a trip to the surgeons's office.  Definitely not typical.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 359 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 329 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 189 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 114 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 189 views