Egg casserole

molly3613
on 7/9/13 2:03 am - TX
RNY on 01/24/13

http://lulumusing.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/img_0728.jpg

This looked so good and sounded so good.  Just trying to pass it along.

1 pkg spinach

8 eggs

1 1/2 cup mozarella

Spread spinach on bottom, top with cheese, beat eggs and pour on top.  Bake 350 till eggs are set.  Serves 8.

poet_kelly
on 7/9/13 2:14 am - OH

That does look good.  And easy.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

molly3613
on 7/9/13 2:23 am - TX
RNY on 01/24/13

I specifically thought of you when I posted.  I guess because you eat little meat.  Linda said you could mix it up the night before and pop it in the oven for a breakfast party but I don't know about that.  How long could it take?  Her website has interesting stuff.  She is an old friend who lives here in Texas part time and in Maine for the summers.  Interesting lady.  Check out her blog.  It has a recipe area.

selhard
on 7/9/13 3:08 am - MN
RNY on 11/26/12

I would like to try this recipe but could somebody tell me how many baking minutes would it take to make eggs look set?  For those wondering, recipe says it can be fresh or frozen spinach.  If using frozen--make sure to thaw and squeeze-dry the spinach before laying in the bottom of the pan, mozarella cheese should be shredded, and salt and pepper the beaten eggs before pouring on top.  Now if only I can find out about how many minutes to bake this baby? 

poet_kelly
on 7/9/13 3:12 am - OH

I just made mini-quiches today for lunch in a muffin tin, and I baked them for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.  I would guess a similar amount of time.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

glamourqueen64
on 7/9/13 10:30 am - OH
RNY on 07/02/13 with

Just one week out and cannot have that stuff just yet, but I always save recepies for when I can try new things! I cannot wait to experiment with food!! Thank you and yes, it sound good, and best of all, it sounds so simple! 

Connie

HW: 275.4     SW:  233     CW:  180    GW:  150

molly3613
on 7/9/13 10:39 am - TX
RNY on 01/24/13

Simple is what attracted me to it.  I am going to cut the recipe in half.  Keep the same spinach as I love spinach but decrease the eggs to 4 and wing it with the cheese.  I tend to do that with recipes.  I have another with ricotta, 4 eggs, basil and tomatoes sliced on top.  Bake for 40 minutes and it was wonderful.  My hubby ate 3/4 of it. Tomato ricotta pie it is called.  Will publish tomorrow.  

glamourqueen64
on 7/10/13 12:31 pm - OH
RNY on 07/02/13 with

wow, that sounds yummy as well. I will just have to see when I get to that stage as to what I can tolerate. I am sure I will have to cut down recipies because there is only me and a 17-year old son. He will try some things, but not much. He and I have different schedules when his senior year comes around because he will be wanting to do things with his buddies and band. I , of course, have to work in retail so I could work from morning to afternoon, just in the middle of the day, or afternoon to closing (mall store). So, when we will be together, when I will cook us  meal, it will be some kind of meat that we both like and then I will have veggies. He really isn't on that veggies stage now as he goes back and forth in spurts from fruits to veggies and back, but he will always have the meat, which is wonderful!

Can't wait for more recipies! And simple ones at that! angry

Connie

HW: 275.4     SW:  233     CW:  180    GW:  150

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 365 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 284 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 229 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 309 views