Am I being paranoid?

krp123
on 7/10/13 5:41 am - Arlington, VA
RNY on 04/25/13

So I am 11.5 weeks out and I cant figure out if I am experiencing side effects the RnY or if I am being straight up paranoid.

Exhibit A- My hair, I can't tell if it's actually falling out more or not. I have pretty long hair, that I wear up a lot, but I suddenly can't seem to remember if it fell out this much before. And I was on the treadmill yesterday and theres a mirror on the wall in front of it, and I noticed my hairline is not uniform, it appears that I have at least two patches that seem rather thin, but I can't remember if that's always been the case. Like maybe I just never noticed because I wasn't worried about losing hair.

Exhibit B- I woke up with really sore muscles in my legs and butt yesterday...only I can't remember doing any kind of exercise or lifting in the few days prior. Am I dehydrated? Is this a sign of a vitamin deficiency?

Exhibit C- tired. Just feel really tired every morning, but it tends to get better as the day goes on. I have never been much of a morning person, but I can't decide if it's worse post surgery.

I get my vitamins in regularly (I am popping pills like 5 times a day), usually make my minimum 64 oz of fluid and usually get 60-70 grams of protein in. Has this happened to anyone else? I suppose it is better to be paranoid and make sure you're doing what you're supposed to than to just fly by the seat of your pants and not worry at all.

Surgery: April 25th, 2013

E R.
on 7/10/13 6:19 am - Switzerland

I am 5 weeks post op and very tired, especially after breakfast.

RNY:  4 June 2013

Day_dream_believer
on 7/10/13 6:32 am

Almost everyone has hair loss at 3-4 months out.  By one year it start to come back.  The best way to tell if you have a vit deficiency is to have your blood tested.  When is your 3 month appointment.  My Dr. tested then.

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 272 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 320 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 338 views