8/2/2013

emmalyn
on 7/10/13 2:20 am

I was approved and scheduled for surgery! I am so happy.  I think right now I am more excited than scared. I really am not fearing anything but I am sure as the date gets closer I will ******vous. I am so excited to get my life back.

My husband is very nervous and worried about it.  I don't really know exactly what his fears are because whenever I try to ask him he simply does not  want to talk about it. Any suggestions on how I can put him more at ease? It would be easier to know exactly what's bothering him but he just wont open up about it.

Thanks for reading :)

saterry
on 7/10/13 2:58 am - IN
Revision on 10/03/13

Has he been to any of the support groups ? or read any of the literature? It would be helpful to have specific literature for family member and their concerns. Would he be open to any of the web sites like this one or Bariatric Friendly on FB ? He can ask for information in a private way to a large group of people. Maybe the spouse of a WLS patient would be willing to talk to him. So many times they have questions, and fears, they cant express to us.