Cucumbers. ..are NOT my friend!

jensieck76
on 7/16/13 4:22 am - TX
Ok, I am lucky I haven't had any bad side effects from food..until lunch today that is lol made a small salad with some canned chicken breast and thought hmmmm I will throw some cukes on it. MISTAKE! OMG I feel like I am about to pop! Ughhhh the gas! And my gas-x is at home. Thanks to pethairmagnet's suggestion (thanks BTW) having a cup of warm tazo passion tea. Please Lord let this help!!

For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength. Phillipians 4:13 laugh

CW 190!!! GW Anything under 200 was the icing on the cake...going for 170...lil more icing never hurt anybody!

mpjones
on 7/16/13 4:31 am

Isn't it amazing that we can have the same surgery and have such different results---cucumbers are one of the VERY few things I can eat with no problems !!! Chicken, lettuce and most other vegetables and meats put me in the fetal position. You can envy me the cucumbers and I'll envy you your salad-lol. Seriously, I am sorry you had such a bad reaction. Hope you feel better. enlightened

H.A.L.A B.
on 7/16/13 8:49 am

you and I - cucumbers are just about the only veggies I can eat with no trouble.. but I need to remove the skin... 5 years out - still can't digest the skin... 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

BWB
on 7/16/13 4:32 am

They weren't my friend before either.  

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 7/16/13 4:55 am - OH

Many people that have trouble with cucumbers have NO trouble if they peel them, so you might y a small amount of peeled cucumber next time.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Mary Catherine
on 7/16/13 5:13 am

You can get rid of gas by just bending with your head lower than your knees for a few seconds, like tying your shoe.

jensieck76
on 7/16/13 5:57 am - TX
The hot tea helped sort things out some. I feel alot better now thank goodness! I do peel them but someone at work told me to cut the seeds out? Thats what causes the gas? Anyone else hear of this?

For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength. Phillipians 4:13 laugh

CW 190!!! GW Anything under 200 was the icing on the cake...going for 170...lil more icing never hurt anybody!

Kelly S.
on 7/16/13 6:01 am

I cut the cucumber in half and take a spoon and scrape out the seeds.  Otherwise I want to die....

20 pounds lost during two week pre-op diet.

PetHairMagnet
on 7/16/13 12:10 pm
RNY on 05/13/13
Hope the tea helped! Did you de-seed the cucumbers? One seed will tear me up...and that was pre surgery.

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

T. Deeds
on 7/17/13 4:38 am

I have the same problem with baby carrots, gas pain so bad that I have to take a narcotic pain killer.  Seriously, I love them, but they do not love me back!