Yeast....ugh

Ericka K.
on 7/16/13 8:00 am

I have an allergy to adhesives so when my incisions started itching I wasn't really shocked.  I itched around them of course (I have dermabond on them) but last night it was unbearable and if I had Benadryl in the house I would have taken some. This morning I wake up to red blotches all over my abdomen and what looks like the beginning of a yeast infection under both breasts.  Then I brush my teeth and my tongue is beyond coated with white.  Everything today has tasted gross and I have this awful taste in my mouth, worse than before.  I called my surgeon and told them what was going on.  They called back later and said to come in.  I have a yeast infection on my abdomen, under my breasts and the beginning of thrush in my mouth.  So I get to take Diflucan for the next week.  UGH!  I will be happy to just stop itching!  

mom2threeboyz
on 7/16/13 11:36 am - Colorado Springs, CO

I have heard that this is super common...especially if you were prone to yeast infections before surgery.   Im sorry you are going through this....that does not sound fun AT ALL!  Hopefully the meds will work quickly and you will start feeling better.  =)

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 334 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 372 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 334 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 236 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 102 views
Recent Topics