NEWBIE Here

LuckiGins
on 7/17/13 11:28 am
RNY on 07/09/13

Hello Everyone!

I just had my gastric bypass on July 9, 2013.  It's been a rough week but I am starting to feel better each day.  I had my 1st post op appointment today,  It went well.  My incision looks good and I've lost 9 pounds.  Yay me!  I need to find a way to get my protein in but I am so very picky.  I have not found anything I like yet.  I'll keep on trying.

I look forward to getting to know you all.

~Ginny

Louy
on 7/17/13 6:08 pm
RNY on 08/12/13
Hi, I'm a newbie too, I'm Louy,
My surgery is in about 3 weeks. Great that you lost 9 pounds and your appointment went well. Why has your week been so rough? I mean other than the fact you have just had major surgery.
Losingitall01
on 7/17/13 10:35 pm

Good Luck with your journey. I also didn't like the protein at first, now I use Unjury protein (unflavored) in my Crystal Light and my decaf coffee.  I still don't love the protein, but I can get it in this way.  Don't fret, it all gets better.

cajungirl
on 7/18/13 12:34 am

Hi Ginny, welcome and congrats on your surgery.  The protein intake will come, you just have to work toward it.  Some get it in easy early out and others feel no hunger and full quickly so it's more difficult.

At just a week out the MOST IMPORTANT thing to do is stay hydrated so keep sipping away and get some movement in.  You're body has stored protein levels so although you don't want to avoid getting in some protein know not getting to a certain number is OK initially. 

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 415 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 500 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 482 views