Has anyone gotten clumsy since they lost weight?

BellaNY
on 7/18/13 4:41 am

I've lost more than 90 pounds and am within 25 pounds of my goal weight. I was never terribly coordinated, but the last few days have been terrible. I've bumped into things, dropped things, banged things off a counter. It's terrible. Has anyone else experienced this? I don't think it's anything neurological but maybe it's not related to the weight loss. Thanks.

poet_kelly
on 7/18/13 5:04 am - OH

I'm wondering if it might be due to a changing center of gravity as your weight and body shape change.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

AnnieD9999
on 7/18/13 6:30 am - Columbus, OH

HEYOOOO. Guilty! Like you said I wasnt incredible coordinated beforehand, the only sport I was ever good at was swimming because It was in water. The past month I guess has been ridiculous. Im almost 70 pounds down and I literally trip over everything. Ive been bumping into stuff too. I thought it was just me being weird. Which is normal...for me.

chloeeast15
on 7/18/13 6:47 am
Hi, ladies! My PCP told me that I could experience this after losing a significant amount of weight. He said some people have been accustomed to carrying excess weight and need to adjust to the smaller body. He also said your posture could change post-op.
BellaNY
on 7/18/13 9:12 am

I figured there was probably some change in center of gravity. Thanks for responding. I am glad I'm not alone in this!

TomN
on 7/18/13 8:58 pm
RNY on 12/27/12 with
You are not alone at all...I am amazed at what I am dropping these days and balance on things like my golf swing have been interesting to say the least. I have been fairly coordinated most of my life and this center of gravity change is something I have been feeling and working on. The golf pro at a course I go to spent time talking to me on the practice range not to long ago...she had lost a lot of weight and it messed her swing up for a while. She told me to go with the flow, adjust to the changes naturally and then, when close to or at goal, come see her for lessons.