Surgery Question

Pupcake !.
on 7/19/13 11:36 am - Stranded in, IA

My RNY was in Oct 2003, in 2004 I had a bowel infarct and lost 25 more cm of intestines.  In 2005 I had a TT with muscle tightening.  2 weeks later I had a bleed under one side and surgery to remove the hematoma.  Everything was fine for the next 9 or so years.......

last May I started having bile aspiration into my lung.  after MANY tests they decided to do an exploratory laperotomy and found a partial obstruction that was causing the backflow of bile.  That surgery has been the worst so far.  

Now 2" to the left of my incision is causing me major pain with any movement..  If I sit still and don't put any pressure on my abdomen I'm fine.  Any strain, cough, blow my nose, etc causes pain in the 7-8 range.

I don't feel a hernia and pressure does not cause pain.

Any Ideas?  Adhesion?  it is 2" away from the incision.  For the first time in my life I asked a doc for pain meds.  He refused.  I can't do any kind of movement that doesn't cause pain.  Heck I had 2 kids without pain meds .....

Pup

No surgery has been harmed/defamed by the writer of this post.  
RNY 10/28/03 305# 8/11/04 147#  9 years out and >75% EWL!

Brenda S.
on 7/19/13 2:36 pm - FL
RNY on 04/09/13
Seroma (fluid collection)? They can be VERY painful.

PetHairMagnet
on 7/21/13 12:20 am
RNY on 05/13/13

Sounds awful, I will pray that you are feeling better soon!

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!