****rogirl - This is especially for you AND all the other helpful people out there on the RNY...

Mrs_Stimpy
on 7/21/13 5:14 am
RNY on 12/20/12

****rogirl, I had my surgery in December of 2012.  I'm very lucky that I had found the OH forum before surgery because you were all lifesavers in the month following surgery.  I can't tell you how often I came here - sometimes to ask questions, sometimes to answer questions, but ALL the time to hear from other folks who had been through what I had been through.  Every single time I came here, I saw your

You don't drown by falling in the water. 
  You drown by staying there.”

That big blue beacon was my lifeline when I was having a bad day and a blessing when I was celebrating a loss.  You,  ****rogirl, are such a generous, giving person, always there to give advice and applause and even a nudge when it's necessary.  You and all the other generous folks on Obesity Helpline are such wonderful help and hope.  You all are angels in the best sense of the word.  Thank you so much!

I still come here every day, and you are still helping us out here in weight loss land.  You all are simply amazing!

Good luck to all of us on our journeys! 

Highest - 222 / Pre-Surgery - 215 / Goal 150

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 7/21/13 5:19 am - OH

Oh, goodness! 

Thank you so much for the kind words.  The sentiment in my signature has helped me through a couple of very difficult, dark periods in my life, so I am very glad that you found encouragement in it, too.   Like most of the vets here, I found invaluable information and support here when i was pre-op and fresh out of surgery, and am just doing my best to help "pay it forward".  Being here also helps keep ME on track and mindful of my own eating, etc.

Thanks again.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Mrs_Stimpy
on 7/21/13 5:26 am
RNY on 12/20/12

You should know, Lora, how much you mean to us out here.  You make a real difference as well as all the others who support and encourage.  I thought of that big blue Drowning message SO MANY times when I was feeling low.  You are so very welcome!

Linda

Good luck to all of us on our journeys! 

Highest - 222 / Pre-Surgery - 215 / Goal 150

nfarris79
on 7/22/13 6:16 am - Germantown, MD

Awww.... it's a Lora-love-fest!!!!! Hugs!!!!

First ultra: Stone Mill 50 miler 11/15/14 13:44:38, First Full Marathon: Marine Corps 10/27/13 4:57:11Half Marathon PR 2:04:43 at Shamrock VA Beach Half-Marathon, 12/2/12 First Half-Marathon 2:32:47, 5K PR  Run Under the Lights 5K 27:23 on 11/23/13, 10K PR 52:53 Pike's Peek 10K 4/21/13(1st timed run) Accumen 8K 51:09 10/14/12.

PaintingJoy
on 7/21/13 5:39 am - GA
RNY on 05/20/13

I couldn't agree more!  You've posted so many responses that help me so much! Just today I saw one about back pain and Ilove what you shared!

At 8 weeks out I'm looking for all the help available; you and all the others on OH are lifesavers!  Thanks so much!

JaneJetson60
on 7/21/13 7:34 am
RNY on 05/07/12

I so agree.  I have learned more from Lora than any of my classes. research on the internet and surgeon.  She shows a great deal of restraint when giving advise and I know that is difficult but she is a therapist so you have to show decorum.  Now, on the other hand, on here some people deserve to get blasted and when Lora says something especially if you have overstepped your bounds she is going to have her say.  thanks again for everything, Lora   Jane

Elektra_Kat
on 7/21/13 7:39 am
RNY on 06/26/13

Agreed.

Most Active
Recent Topics