Has anyone tried Sparkling Ice?

Jilly Bean
on 7/26/13 1:30 pm - IN
RNY on 07/09/12

It's a carbonated, flavored, zero calorie drink in several flavors. So far I've had orange mango and black raspberry. OMG, it's good. And such a nice change from water or G2. I'm in love. 

Surgery weight:  232 lbs. / Goal: 145 lbs. Height:  5'5"     Fat? Ain't nobody got time for that.

NDHM
on 7/26/13 2:07 pm
Love the black raspberry. The others are still too sweet for me. I haven't enjoyed much in the sweet department since surgery.
Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 7/26/13 2:12 pm - OH

I really liked the black raspberry, but the carbonation bothered me more than it bothers me with diet soda.  I did buy a lemon lime (or something light green, LOL) a couple of days ago just to have some variety (especially since I am trying to get in more fluids consistently because of the kidney stones). 

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

tdbull
on 7/26/13 2:25 pm - WA
RNY on 08/13/13
Can we have carbonation after surgery? My surgeon post diet states no carbonation.

Lapband surgery in 2009 -  Revision to RNY August 13, 2013 with gallbladder removal.

HW - (260)   SW - (197)   GW - (135), updated on 1-2-14 to 125lbs  HT 5'5"  Goal reached 3/2/14-revised goal to 120 on 3/9/14   reached 4/6/14             

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 7/26/13 2:33 pm - OH

Some surgeons discourage it and some allow it after a certain number of months.  It makes some people burp or have flatulence, and some people find that the carbonation makes their pouch hurt.  Many people have no trouble with it, however (especially if they pour whatever it is over ice or otherwise let just a bit of the carbonation subside).

i find it amusing that one surgeon here in town told his patients that it wasnt the carbonation he objected to (in the case of diet soda/pop), but the caffeine, artificial sweetener, and number of chemicals in it.... yet he had NO objections to his patients drinking regular coffee or tea, or drinking the artificially sweetened and chemical laden things like Crystal Light!  What kind of sense does THAT make?!?

BTW, it is NOT true that carbonation can stretch your pouch.  That would require a small amount of liquid defying the Laws of Physics.  

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

CarolF3
on 7/26/13 4:53 pm - Albany, NY
RNY on 12/17/12

Our surgeons here say No carbonation allowed.

Carol

bluesfan
on 7/27/13 12:30 am - FL
RNY on 07/08/13

I love sparkling ICE.  I am aware it is highly recommended that we consume no carbonated beverages, but the carbonation in this drink is nearly minimal. I give it a few shakes, let out what gas there is, then sip away. Love the black raspberry but like them all.  Buy them in an 18 bottle variety pack at Sam's club.

Zeigled
on 7/27/13 6:21 am - Parkton, MD

I love sparking ice -  not the real sweet ones though - I like the ones a little tart.  Like Apple crisp and lemonade.

HW 357 SW 341   

Most Active
Recent Topics