two years out can I still lose weight?

punkinhead
on 7/28/13 3:54 am - CA

I have maintained my weight for two years and then we went on a 15 day vacation and I have gained 5 lbs and have been tracking my food at 1200, will I still be able to lose weight?  I never reached my goal of 145 but stayed at 155 all this time until now.  I am so upset about these 5 lbs.  I have now decided I am going to work at getting to my goal of 145.  Do you think my pouch will still help me lose the weight?  I was never successful and dieting but now that I have a pouch I can't overeat even if I wanted too.  I sure hope this will still work for me.  Anyone else out there  tried losing after two years???  I'd appreciate advice

SteveWebb
on 7/28/13 4:00 am - NC

I haven't had surgery yet but I don't see why not.  Do you exercise?  Everything I have read from others on this and another site tell me to concentrate on protein first and then fruits and vegetables.  That along with exercise I would think would do the trick.  I hope you reach 145 soon.

Ladytazz
on 7/28/13 4:18 am
As long as you take in less then you burn you can always lose weight. The trick is figuring out how much you burn daily. I personally never subtract calories from exercise unless it is a strenuous activity. I just consider it part of my routine.
The best way to figure things out is to track your food completely and honestly. Once you do that for about a week you can see if you gain, lose or maintain on that amount and adjust accordingly.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

punkinhead
on 7/28/13 10:50 am - CA

Thanks Tazz,  I am eating 1200 calories and I don't want to even think about going down to 1,000 calories but if I must I will do it. 

LadyLilMax
on 7/28/13 4:31 am - Retirement Ville, AZ

Yes you can there are several inspirational bloggers on OH that you could do a search for.

Neen's notes is one and pamtremble is another.  Oh, look for something called the pouch for dummies as well which is good.  I think if you just do a search re: basics,  motivation, menus, etc you will find some great help.

You can do this!  So much better to lose the 15 than anything higher!  It may not come off as fast as when the pouch was new but if you follow the basics, you will succeed! 

RNY 12/11/12  HW:230   SW:220   GW:140   CW:130  5ft 1

Day_dream_believer
on 7/28/13 5:53 am

Yes but it won't be as easy as it was before.  I am 2.5 years out and have lost 10 pounds in the last few months.  To be successful I had to really up my exercise and watch everything I ate.  Remind yourself that it is only 10 pounds.  That is nothing compared to what you had to lose before.  It may take several months, but if you stick with it I know you will get there.

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 333 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 371 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 334 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 21 replies · 232 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 101 views
Recent Topics