had the band now wants bypass

marissa1987
on 7/31/13 10:16 pm
Hi im marissa. I had wls 2 times I had the lap band and the realize band both were successful with weight loss but both band slipped so they were remove d, im now 280lbs and thats the most I have weighed. Now im going for bypass I have my 1st apt the 5th kind of nervous. Any way jusr wanted to say hi
Louy
on 7/31/13 11:00 pm
RNY on 08/12/13

Hi, I got the band too, twice. Then I made the decision to get Rny and had my dr put the band in the bin. It also had slipped, vomiting dead blood it just to much fun. Lol. Welcome to the forum. I haven't been a member for long but hers heaps of info on here, and it's great to hear other people's stories. :)

Losingitall01
on 7/31/13 11:35 pm

I also had the bad and now have had the bypass - really happy with my decision.  I didn't have a problem with the band, except that I could never get it to the right degree of tightness (is that a word?).  Anyway, had my surgery on April 15th and happy with my weight loss and my eating.  Best of luck.

marissa1987
on 8/1/13 5:43 am
Thanks ill keep updates
purpleswingline
on 8/1/13 8:35 am - Fayetteville, AR
RNY on 08/26/13

I really don't know why they ever come up with the band.  I always here people  end up going with GBS.