Protein Shakes

jamienichols22
on 8/1/13 1:38 pm - MI

Was you told to get a specific type of protein? Like Whey Isolate Protein

Candy V.
on 8/1/13 9:48 pm - MI
RNY on 09/12/12

Yes I was told whey isolate was best for us.  I use Syntrax Nectar, Syntrax matrix (blend),  and premier protein RTD

RNY 9/12    TT 9/13    HT 5' 4"   HW 250    SW 242   CW 125

Come keep it real in R&R 3.0 Want a group invite?  Send a PM  

poet_kelly
on 8/2/13 12:59 am - OH

My surgeon didn't recommend a specific type of protein, but I've read that whey isolate is absorbed/digested best.  However, whey concentrate, soy isolate, egg white protein powder, milk protein concentrate, and calcium caseinate are all other types that will be absorbed well enough.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

jamienichols22
on 8/2/13 5:23 am - MI

Thanks I have been trying some and I got a Isolate and it had a really nasty taste and smelled like spoiled baby formula, I had tried one that I like but wasn't the isolate and tasted much better so I was just wondering if there was a huge difference 

Carol M.
on 8/3/13 5:23 pm - TX

Whey Isolate protein is the most easily absorbed.  I have used Body Fortress Vanilla Creme for over 2 years. You may have to try different brands before you find one that you like and can tolerate.  A whole lot of trial and error goes on with our "rearranged" insides.

Carol , East Texas
Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 238 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 354 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 23 replies · 112 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 237 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 131 views