Pre op optifast diet. So far it's just to easy.

Louy
on 8/2/13 1:42 pm
RNY on 08/12/13

Well granted I'm only up to my 3rd day, but this is easy. My chihuahuas a little upset as there's no left overs anymore. Lol. 

Thing is, I feel amazing, so much energy and healthy. 

I thought I would write this post as iv seen many ppl struggling on the pre op diet.  Iv found that drinking water helps, and drinking a large glass just before a shake helps satisfy me.  I'm also spending my (on the couch) time, cleaning the house. Don't think iv mopped this much ever.  Iv also got a new Doona cover and put fresh flowers in the house to help keep my spirits high. My next job is to go through my extremely insain collection of clothes.  I'm planning to put them in size order then store them for future use as I loose weight.  

I hope this helps anyone going into the pre op stage, just keep busy and do things that will make your post op time easier. 

LosingSarah
on 8/2/13 2:15 pm - Moorhead, MN
VSG on 10/16/13

Awesome! I hope it continues to be so easy.

I'll be starting my pre-op diet possibly in around a month if everything goes as planned & I'm approved. I worry a little. I'm actually kind of looking forward to the faster weight loss I'll likely experience with it, but worry it'll be hard. I'll still have to be cooking meals for my family, so I think this will be hardest, but I have no choice but to survive.

I hope it comes as easy as it is for you, though. :)  Congrats on being so close to having surgery. I can't wait to have mine scheduled. Knowing when it is happening will be awesome.

muknanav
on 8/3/13 12:46 am - Erin, Canada
I found it very hard to have to cook for my family in the first few days. I got very grumpy. Then I got into a groove and it didn't bother me. You might want to enlist help for those first days to make it easier on you!

Best of luck!
Anita

5'8" ~ HW: 350 ~ Starting Weight at Guelph: 338 ~ Starting Weight on Opti: 313 ~ Surgery Weight: 298 

RNY July 17, 2013 ~ Dr Foute-Nelong ~ CW: 159

Louy
on 8/2/13 5:55 pm
RNY on 08/12/13

I don't envy you having to cook meals. It's bad enough with the dog looking at me wanting something to eat lol. 

65rosesmom
on 8/2/13 10:56 pm

I'm so glad its going easy for you.  I found the optifast part really tough, but then post surgery  it got easier.   Just keep up the positive outlook, it will serve you well!!!

Heather   Mom to 3  
Surgery August 9, 2012
HW = 225, SW= 205, CW 135 

Fisher08
on 8/3/13 12:07 am

I am on day 8 of my 10 day all liquid pre-op diet. It hasn't been extremely easy for me but not near as hard as I thought it would be. My biggest concern is I can't seem to get my 500 calories. I am averaging around 300 calories/day. On the days that I exercise I actually have been negative calories or under 100 for the day. I don't feel as well as I think I should feel. My legs ache and it is emotionally draining. I have lost 10 pounds in 7 days. Surgery is scheduled for Wednesday, August 7th.

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me! Philippians 4:13

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 266 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 313 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 330 views